Part 1

The loud crash of thunder was all that could be heard as Langa Hasegawa stared out his window. The sky was hidden behind dark clouds, causing most light to be gone. It almost looked as if it wasn't even daytime anymore. The rain smacked against the window, creating a repetitive, but calming sound. The storm looked bad, but it only just started a few minutes ago.

Langa had decided to read while sitting next to his window, when suddenly his phone lit up. He went to check it, realizing he had multiple missed texts from a certain someone. Before he could answer, however, said person called him.

"He's gonna kill me," Langa muttered to himself before answering the call, "Hey, Reki. What's up?"

"Why haven't you been answering me?"

"I didn't see my notifications, sorry."

"Well, I didn't know it was going to storm and I was riding my skateboard, and-"

"Wait, are you still outside?"

"Yeah, if you read my texts, you would've known. Anyway, I'm not too far from your house, so I was wondering if I could stay there until the storm passes. If that's alright with you, of course."

"Yeah, that's fine. I'll tell my mom, and I'll wait for you."

"Thanks dude!"

"No problem. See ya."

"Bye!"

Reki ended the call, immediately running towards Langa's house.

"Hey mom? You out here?" Langa asked, slowly making his way into the living room.

"I'm in the kitchen, do you need something?"

"Ah, have you started dinner?"

"No, I was about to. Is something wrong?"

"Do you mind if a friend comes over?"

"Not at all, but do you mean right now? In this weather?"

"Yeah, he didn't know it was supposed to storm and he said he was close to here so he asked if he could just stay over for a bit."

"Alright, sounds great! I'll make sure to make some food for him too, then!"

"Thank you, mom."

Langa sat on the couch and patiently waited for Reki to arrive. Reki had been to Langa's house once before, because Langa had forgotten something and Reki decided to go with him to get it. However, Langa's mother was at work during that time, so she didn't get to meet him. As soon as the blue-haired male heard a knock on the door, he jumped up and opened it.

"Ah, you're soaked!" Langa spoke loudly, "I-I'll get you some clothes, you can barrow mine!"

Reki chuckled at how much the blue-haired boy seemed to be panicking over something so small.

"Oh, you must be the friend that Langa mentioned," Langa's mom smiled at Reki.

"Oh, um, yes. I'm Reki Kyan, it's very nice to meet you, Miss H-Hasegawa." He bowed, trying his best to be formal.

"Oh, no it's alright. No need for all that," she laughed, "please, call me Nanako."

"Oh, okay N-Nanako."

Langa quickly came back and handed Reki some clothes and a towel.

"Thanks," Reki smiled brightly, making Langa's heart flutter.

"N-no problem."

Reki soon disappeared in the hallway.

"Does he already know where the bathroom is?" Nanako asked.

"Oh, he's been here before."

"He has?"

"I forgot something when we were hanging out. He came with me to get it. You were at work, though."

"Oh, alright."

The two fell silent for a few seconds until Nanako spoke again, "can I ask you a question?"

"Sure?"

"Is there any reason why your face is so red?" She looked at him knowingly.

"I-I, uh- wh-what do you mean?"

"Is he the one you told me about before? The one you said you liked?"

"I..." Langa froze. His face was burning, undeniably as red as Reki's hair. "Please don't say anything about it, mom. He can't know."

"Being honest and telling him might be a good idea."

"No, I...If I tell him, I'll lose him. I can't tell him."

"I know it's scary. I won't say anything, just make sure you tell him when you're ready."

"Thanks mom." Langa gave her a small smile.

"Langaaaa!"

The blue-haired male flinched at the sudden shout, coming from the direction of his room.

Nanako giggled, "I'll call you boys when dinner is ready."

"Thanks again mom," Langa spoke before making his way into his room.