Lee Dutton

Lee Dutton was the one. You were sure of that fact ever since you laid eyes on him so many years ago.

You were only teenagers when you fell in love, stealing kisses on his father's ranch under the old oak. Beside him, the world was a safe and happy place, when you got everything you ever wished for.

Your love only got easier and sweeter over the years, even when there was a storm in the horizon just waiting to hit both of you. Lee was dedicated to his family, especially his father John. He would do anything he asked him to, and that mean coming home late at night and going straight into the shower without a kiss... That would mean coming home and just laying in silence next to you, without a work about his day... That would mean secrets, even thought Lee promised to never lie to you.

But the only promise you never expected him to break was when he promised to love you 'till the end of your days...

You remember the last time you saw him smile. The way he held you tight in his strong arms after making love. The way he kissed so sweetly your face and whispered that he loved you.

If you could only turn back the hands of time, you would give everything to be laying in bed with Lee beside you, as he caressed your naked skin. You would give everything to be able to kiss him again and tell him he was the love of your life.

The truth was that death didn't cross your mind on the last time you saw him walk out of the door. But now the man you thought that could never die, has been dead almost a year.

And the only thing you can think about is that Lee was the greatest man you (never) truly knew...