+ e i g h t

"I love weekends," Jennifer says while walking out of her bedroom.

I am laying on the sofa, watching tv.
I look at her through my glasses and laugh at the sight.

"You look like a panda," I say between laughs.

"You mean I'm fat?"

"No, I mean you're cute."

She smiles, revealing her dimples. The one on the right cheek is deeper than the one on the left, just like mine. Her smile is something unique and contagious: every time she smiles I feel better. Her short figure comes closer to mine. I am literally a head taller than her. She looks up at me intently and then smirks.

"You know? With the hair tied up like yesterday you looked sexy."

I laugh in response and hug her tightly. Her sweet smell hair fills my nose.
I look back at her. Her green and beautiful eyes are locked into mine; her glance on me is sympathetic. I think she understood there's something wrong.

"What's wrong, Xave?"

She knows me so well.

"Nothing," I try to answer innocently. "I just wanted a hug."

She rolls her eyes and says: "Okay, you don't want to tell me yet. It's okay, I'll wait for you to be ready."

I can't help but just say "Thank you" and then walk with her to the kitchen, which is actually not a proper room: it consists in a counter with some drawers behind the sofa (which is in front of the TV) and some shells and cabinets for the dishes.
While she grabs the milk from the fridge, I put the cups on the counter and ask her if she wants some pancakes. She smiles and starts saying "Yes yes yes yes YES!" jumping a little, like a child. So I just smile at her and go near the burners.
While I cook, she starts telling me about how cute, nice, sexy and beautiful her friend's brother is. I roll my eyes and puff. I mean, it's all right for me to hear her talking about the guy she likes, really, but couldn't he be of her same age? Of course not, too difficult.

"Why are you obsessed with old boys?"

"He's not that older."

"Well, he's even older than me and my little sister's boyfriend should not be older than me."

"He's perfect. Shut up," she quickly says showing me the palm of her hand.

"Okay, I'll shut up. I am just worried for you. I am your brother, it's normal."

"Yes, yes, I appreciate that you worry about me, but I am old enough, you know?"

"I know."

I really know it, but I think that a part of me will always see her as a little child that needs to be protected and helped and I will always be there to do so.

"What is the thing that you like the about...?" I try to ask but I don't remembering his name.

"Adam."

"Yes, him," I say sounding careless.

Her cheeks turn red and that makes her look even cuter than she usually is. If something happens between her and that Alan(?), I have to tell him to be careful because if he hurts her I will kill him! Literally.

"His eyes. They are blue, but not that usual blue; they are deep, like the sea..."

I nod, while a shiver travels down my spine. I know what she's talking about. Or, at least, I think I get it.

"Well," I start saying, but I clear my throat before continuing. "Let's say I had my experience with magnetic blue eyes. And, yeah, they can be pretty dangerous."

***

The weekend hasn't been such a big deal. I went to the cinema with Paul and Jeremy to watch 'Captain America' on Saturday evening, it was pretty cool. Of course, they did lots and lots of comments about how sexy Scarlet Johansson was and how it would be amazing to sleep with her. When they said it I just nodded in agreement without really paying attention to what they were saying because I thought that it wasn't that important and that doing something like sleeping with Scarlett wouldn't have been life-changing. But having a body like the actor who played the role of Captain America, that would have been life-changing.

After the movie I came back home and found Jenny with two of her friends, Jessica and Clarissa. They then went out for dinner and I cooked something for myself, listened to music and watched TV, until Jenny didn't come back home.

On Sunday I really didn't do much, if not helping Jenny with some homework. I still remember some maths from high school but I don't attend university because I don't have enough money to do so; I spent a big amount of them to buy our small house and now I am saving them for my sister. I will let her go to university and not work at a cafe as a waiter with a psychopathic boss.

And today is Monday again. Yay, I am so happy... so... happy.

I wait for my sister to get ready, drive her to school late and arrive at the cafe late. After being yelled at by my boss I can finally tie my hair up and start working without any type of pressure. But when at about one o'clock a brown haired boy with blue eyes enters the cafe, I sigh and remember myself that I can't do my job without pressure.

"Hello," he says looking at me.

"Hello," I say back and I just would like to evaporate or sink through the floor.