𝟞

JK P.O.V.

It was quiet, just the way I like it. The only sounds I could hear were my own faint breaths and my skates scraping against the ice. A chill ran down my spine from how cold the room was. The room was illuminated with dark blue LED lights and I was in my zone. I felt like I was in another world. In this world, I wasn't a celebrity. I wasn't the Golden Maknae, Kookie, Bunny, or any of ARMYs' nicknames. I was just Jeon Jungkook, an ordinary guy no one knew about who liked to spend his free time painting, skating, singing, and making and editing videos. No one gave me a second glance because there was nothing special about me. What if that was my life? But I wouldn't have met the other members if I lived like that and they're like my brothers now. I probably wouldn't even be in this city. I would still be in South Korea, another average, unmemorable face in a street full of random people. Would I want that?

My eyes fluttered shut for a few moments as I let these thoughts rush over me. What would I be? Before I could ponder the endless possibilities, I heard light footsteps echoing off the walls. Was my time up already? I didn't hear any 5 minute warning. My eyes snapped open to see who was in the room with me, and I nearly shat myself. IU is here, watching me. IU IS HERE, WATCHING ME! Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god. Okay, calm down, stay cool and composed. You're calm and collected. You're calm and—

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bother you. I just saw you out there then you disappeared and I got curious. I swear I'm not trying to be creepy."

Wait, why is she talking to me in English?

*in Korean* "It's okay. You're no bother." Oh god. I can't even meet her eyes.

"Can I join you?"

I finally looked up. I felt like a frog being dissected. She was looking all over me. It was almost as if she was checking me out. Yeah right. This is getting weird. Say something.

"Yeah, sure," I finally choked out.

She stepped into the rink and skated towards me. "I didn't know you're Korean. That's a relief. Now I can talk to you easily. Are you here with a friend," she finally said.

She didn't know I was Korean?

"Yes, he's still out there. I begged him to join me here so he went," I replied.

"Is he a friend you made here in the city?"

"No, he's also Korean....So what about me made you curious enough to follow me?"

"Oh hehe, if I'm being honest, it's because I thought you were really cute," she shyly replied, her cheeks turning light pink as she gazed at the floor. "I also noticed how graceful you looked when you skated. It's like you forget there's other people around you and float away. Oh, that sounds mushy, sorry."

"No, no it's okay. I didn't know that. I'm flattered and embarrassed. I didn't know it showed on my face."

"No, don't be embarrassed. It's cute. What's your name? I'm Lee Ji-eun."

"I'm Jungkook."

She blinked slowly before she burst out laughing. I put my hand on my chest and leaned back in offense, feeling absolutely flabbergasted. After a minute or two, she finally gathered herself.

"As in Jungkook of BTS? You're so funny. I love funny guys. Now what's your real name?"

"I just told you."

She playfully rolled her eyes and gave me a dubious look. "Well, I was lying, too. I'm actually totally Jennie from Blackpink. Hit you with that dududududu."

"Okay, now you're just being rude."

She ignored my comment and stared at me again with crossed arms and a raised eyebrow.

"You know there's a thing called maturing, right?"

She opened her mouth to respond when someone forcibly opened the door. She quickly skated behind me to hide her face. I squinted my eyes, trying to identify the person in the dark.

"Jungkook-ah, seriously I'm tired. Can we go home now?"

"Oh, hyung. Why'd you open the door that hard?"

"Jungkook, answer the question."

"Okay okay, just give me a few minutes and I'll be out."

 "A few minutes. That's it. I'll be out front." 

He walked out and I waited a few extra seconds before I turned around to face IU. She had an awkward smile on her face.

"Oh, I guess you weren't lying. I'm sorry I didn't believe you."

"It's all good." I skated over to the bench near the door and stepped out the rink so I could change back into my shoes. When I looked up again, she was leaning against the rink barrier with her skates in her hands.

"Are you leaving, too?"

"No, I'm just going to go back to the big rink outside."

"Oh yeah, since you were just here to follow me, right," I teased while wiggling my eyebrows.

She rolled her eyes with a smile and opened the door. "Good night, Jungkook." She stepped out and I once again had the room to myself.