𝟚𝟜

IU P.O.V.

Almost two months. That's how long I've been keeping it a secret.

Almost two months of nausea. Almost two months of throwing up in the morning. Almost two months of watching my belly slowly begin to swell.

I'm doomed. Oh god, I'm doomed.

I had taken a pregnancy test a month ago, trying to prove to myself thaf I was just being paranoid about the symptoms. Only I wasn't. Even after taking three more, all came back positive. I had curled up in my bathtub, crying into my hand in the hopes that my manager wouldn't hear me from outside the bathroom. How was I supposed to tell him? How would I tell Jungkook?

I immediately knew it was his. I had been inactive for years prior and haven't been active since. After the incident, we had begun secretly dating. About a few weeks into our relationship, though, I had begun to feel different. That's when I realized I was pregnant. After emptying my tear ducts with all those positive tests, I thought back to when it happened. It had been amazing, waking up next to him. Snuggling with him in bed that morning. Wanting to be his and keep doing that. The way he smiled at me and pulled me into a tender kiss even with my horrendous morning breath and aggressive bedhead.

Why would he want me now that I'm carrying another person? I'm going to get fat. I'm going to get ugly. I'm going to have mood swings that he'll quickly get tired of. I bawled my eyes out so loud Rico jumped into my bed, whining.

I need to talk to someone. Yoo In Na flashed acrossed my mind. Before I could back out, I immediately called her. She answered on the third ring.

"Hey little sis, what's up?"

For some reason, the sound of her voice made me break down. I could barely breathe because the tears kept flowing.

"I'm on my way."

Fifteen minutes later, she burst through my front door and ran upstairs to my room. Then she threw the door open and wrapped her arms arounds my quivering body on the bed. Tear streaks stained my cheek and I barely had the motivation to move.

"What happened? Did someone do something to you?"

"...I did something. Well, we did. A while ago."

She blinked at me in confusion.

"He...me. I'm–I'm pregnant, unnie."

Her eyes bulged out of her head.

"You–you and Jungkook?..."

"...Yeah..."

"He didn't pressure you, right?"

"God, unnie. Stop trying to demonize him right now. He asked and I gave my permission. Besides, I'm the elder between us. I should have stopped us. I should have known better even if he didn't. But I wanted to, unnie. I haven't even told him about the baby yet."

"No use fretting over something you can't change. So you want to keep it?"

"I can't kill the baby, unnie. My heart won't allow me. Even if it ruins me."

She sat there and looked at me in silence, her face painted with worry.

"You need to tell him."

"I can't. What if he leaves?"

"You're keeping the baby anyways. If he's going to leave you for having a baby, why not just cut him off now instead of wasting time and possibly making everything worse?"

"That's easy for you to say! Are you pregnant?!"

"No, but even if he chooses not to stay, there's still people that care about you who would help you through this."

She put her hand on top of mine and looked into my eyes.

"Including me."

My eyes flooded with tears from my gratitude.

"I have to attend the Mama Awards in a month, though. What should I do?"

"Wear a light, airy dress. You can't really see the bump but let's just be safe. As for afterwards...we'll figure it out. Just make sure to tell him."

"Thank you so much, unnie. I really needed this right now."

"You're my little sister. I'm happy to help you. If you want company, just call me. I'll be there even if you don't want to talk. Even if you don't have anything to say."

I just hugged her tightly for several minutes after that as I thought about what to do next.

Hey beautiful hoomans! I honestly don't know what to say here. Um, hakuna matata. I hope y'all are having a great day. Or night. Or morning. You know what I mean. Love y'all!! <3