'We're being punked Pedro'

Nik's POV

I'm eating breakfast with my sister before class. "Ask Lizzie out!" Hope says and I glare at her.

"Give me some time." I tell her and she sighs before nodding.

I start thinking of ways to ask Lizzie out but I don't think any of them will work. I might just ask her out simply and see if she rejects me.

"When's your date with Josie?" I ask my sister and she turns to me with a big smile.

"Tomorrow and I can't wait for it!" Hope says, almost jumping up and down.

I smile at her before we continue to talk. When I eventually go to class and sit down in a circle.

I happen to sit next to Lizzie and Hope and on the other side of Hope is Josie. I give Lizzie a smile and she looks down, I swear I saw her cheeks getting red.

"All right, gather together." Dorian says and I grab Hope's and Lizzie's hands. Lizzie's hand feels perfect in mine, like they were made for each other. "Chain spells are about the fluid movement of energy from witch to witch." He says as he circles us.

"Where's Penelope Park?" Dorian asks and Lizzie is the one who speaks up.

"Um, lady cramps Mr. Williams." Lizzie says with an innocent smile.

"Sorry I asked." He mumbles, "A disharmonious group makes for an uneven flow."

Some kids start chuckling at the joke. I squeeze Lizzie's hand a bit and she smiles at me, my heart doing cartwheels.

"Okay..." Dorian says with a small smile as he looks at everyone.

A note flies in and to Dorian, "Uh-oh, who's in trouble with the headmaster?" Josie asks and I see Hope smile at her, causing Josie to lean on her shoulder.

"Probably the people who started a rumble with the local high school." Hope says and Josie smacks her arm causing her to pout.

Dorian starts to read the note, "Lizzie Saltzman, Josie Saltzman." He looks at Hope, "And baby makes three."

He turns to look at me, "Your assistance is also required." I nod and stand up, helping my sister up before helping Lizzie up as Hope helps Josie. "Off you go."

We all walk to the library where we find Dr. Saltzman.

"This makes no sense dad. Why are we being punished?" Lizzie asks with a pout and I can't help but to think she's adorable.

"Because you started a brawl at a charity football game that risked exposing what we really do here." Ric says and I sigh, wondering what I did.

I can't remember if I did anything, I lean over to Hope, "Did I do anything?" I ask her and she shakes her head.

"I don't think so." She says and I nod, we turn back to Alaric.

"Well, you weren't mad last night." Lizzie counters, me and Hope just follow behind them.

"I was mad last night." Ric says, "My undying love for my daughters just happened to trump my rage. I volunteered everyone in the game, so stop complaining."

"You're lucky that it's just community service and not actual jail time." He continues and I rub my head, alright getting a headache.

"Can I at least offer a rebuttal in my defense, if it pleases the court?" Lizzie asks and I focus on her.

I zone out as I stare at Lizzie, I only zone back in when I see her blushing as Hope nudges me.

Hope asks what she did, "You know what you did." Is all Ric says, I raise my hand.