6 : Plans

OJ sat against the wall. "So I'm just.. here now?" He said. Lightbulb looked at him from her side of the room, Soap standing right next to her ( well, as close to right next to her as she could from the other room ).

"It's not like there's much else we can do." Soap said. OJ stood up.

"Have you seriously just given up? There has to be some way out of here." He said, walking over to the door. He kicked it, though it didn't budge. It hadn't even hurt due to the padding. He tried slamming himself against it a few times, but the most it did was shake.

He sighed, walking back to the excuse of a bed he had been given. "How often does Test Tube come in?"

"Three or four times a day, for food. Sometimes she'll enter without doing anything though." Lightbulb said. She was sitting criss-cross on her bed, fidgeting with her hands. "She doesn't actually open the door though, she uses the slot over there. It's called a deposit or something."

OJ looked at the rubber deposit near the door. Of course she wouldn't enter the room herself, that would be too easy. He walked over to it and slid it open. There wasn't enough space to crawl through, and his sight of the hall was limited due to how cramped it was. "She really thought of everything, huh?"

He turned around, walked back to his 'bed' and sat down on it. "...What have you guys been doing here?"

"Just talking, I guess." Soap said. "We hadn't talked to each other before this, so there was a lot to talk about."

"And there's some puzzle books over there if you want to try them!" Lightbulb said enthusiastically, pointing towards the shelf. "I already filled out some of them though." OJ looked at the shelf's contents. Just as Lightbulb had said, there were crosswords, trivia questions, and other games there. There were also two books that were out of place, both with brown covers. OJ picked up one, and its cover read "Lightbulb's journal ( no touching! )". The other one was completely empty.

"Oh, did she give you a journal of your own?" Lightbulb said, looking at the shelf from her bed. "That's nice! I was worried we'd have to share or something."

"Do you have one Soap?" OJ asked, looking in her direction. "Oh, never mind then." His question was answered by the fact she was writing in her own book. It was similar to the ones Lightbulb and OJ had been given, though clearly had been written in more. "I'm not much of a journaling person. What do you guys even write in these?"

"I like writing down things that we talk about, and if anything notable happens, then that too." Soap said. "It might be useful later if I keep track of it. The police will want stories of what happened."

"I draw random things in mine." Lightbulb said, kicking her feet in the air. "It's fun! You can borrow some crayons if you want to draw too." She gestures towards the box that stood at the end of her bed.

"I think I'll pass." OJ said. "The police are on our case right now. Test Tube's lab makes her a big suspect, so I'm sure they'll search down here any day now."

"Wouldn't they need a warrant for that?" Soap asked.

"Actually, she told me it wasn't on a property, so there's nothing wrong with just entering." OJ said. "Jeez, I hope Paper will be fine while I'm gone. Knowing him, he'll take the hotel's responsibilities. Hell, what about the hotel itself?"

"Hey, things'll be fine in the end!" Lightbulb said, having gone back to sitting up again. "After all, what's the worst that could happen?"
-
The sound of clicking filled the living room. Paper tapped his pen repeatedly as he paced back and forth frantically. There were few others in the room with him. "He still hasn't come back." He muttered to himself.