Eight: I'm Sorry?

Haunt You - Social House

The apartment is quiet.

Ominously quiet, despite the bodies that filled it.

Jungkook is on the couch, drawing on his journal. Yeosang is in his room, needing a break from life for a moment. Jimin is in the kitchen, cooking dinner. Taehyung is in the bathroom, taking a shower.

It's... Tense.

Gravely tense.

After Lisa and Yeosang returned with the information their mother said, more so Lisa than Yeosang, to everyone, it just has been tense. Jon went to investigate who the boy is, while Iodine and Taehyung's mother still kept an edge on keeping eyes around the area.

It's as though everyone is waiting on a move.

For a piece of the chess board to move.

They targeted Taehyung and failed.

It can be any of them now.

And who knows who's next.

"FUCK!"

Jungkook's attention startled, sitting up now before quickly running to the kitchen.

There Jimin is holding onto his hand tightly, face scrunched up painfully with a heavy wheeze.

Quickly Jungkook rushes to his side, just as more stomps and footsteps echoed the apartment, and he takes Jimin's hands in his to see a harsh cut on his index finger - pouring blood all over his palm.

Immediately Jungkook turns on the faucet and guides Jimin's hands under the water, just as Taehyung and Yeosang came to the scene.

Yeosang was the first to take in what's going on, rubbing his sleepy eyes with his fist, "What happened?"

Jimin was still hissing sharply to the water washing the blood off his hands, especially on the wound, nodding to the cutting board and the knife, "I was cutting up the vegetables and - Ouch!"

Yeosang was there within seconds, practically shoving Jungkook aside to aid him instead, looking at the cut with distress, "You've got to be careful! I told you I could cook instead!"

"But I wanted to make something for everyone! I can cook too you know!"

"And now you're hurt and bleeding," Yeosang huffs with his worried gaze, his hand over Jimin's as he holds them under the faucet, "Just.... Be careful! So you won't get hurt again."

"I know."

Taehyung quietly watches the way the two looked at each other for a split second moment, the clear tension easing between them before quickly looking away, focusing back to the cut on Jimin's finger.

That moment.

Just a split moment of sentimentality, had Taehyung subtly glancing at Jungkook, seeing him already staring at him.

The two were in a bit on edge ever since the mild argument yesterday, and mainly because they didn't really.... Talk about it. Jungkook took it upon himself to give Taehyung the space he needed, even when they slept together that night - more so slept on either end of the bed without specifically together.

Taehyung this morning went to see his mother and brother to speak about the issue at hand, returning back with a bit more life filling in his body. Shit is fucking complicated, as it always can be, and Taehyung really had to remind himself that he can't be acting like how he was back then when he left.

Be heartless.

These people here feel too much, and the last time he was heartless did cause a lot of damage to the person he cared about.