𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻 Months Old

Adam's POV
I walk downstairs into the music room and see Liz sat at the piano.

"Kitsen's asleep." I say, wrapping my arms around her waist from behind.

"Did you bring the baby monitor down?" She murmurs, leaning against my body.

"Right here." I say, holding it up in my hand and resting it on the top of the piano.

"Okay." She breathes out.

"Are you alright?" I ask, kissing her shoulder.

"Babe I'm fine I'm just," Liz trails off.

"Just worried about tomorrow?" I finish.

"Yeah, I'm feeling pretty anxious to be honest with you." She admits.

"You've met my Mom before, babe." I say.

"I know but, not as your girlfriend." Liz blushes. "Or as a Mom myself."

"You have nothing to be insecure about. You're a fantastic Mama to Kitsen and the best girlfriend I've ever had." I smile.

"You're biased. And I'm just a bit nervous." Liz says.

"Well, let me tell you that I think things are actually okay because we're prepared for anything and
I'm here for you." I say softly, playing with her hair.

"That's exactly what I need, thank you." Liz smiles.

"Now, what are you doing in here?" I ask.

"Writing a song." Liz grins.

"About what, babe?" I ask.

"About us." She smiles shyly.

"You know it's been exactly 3 months and 24 days since you blurted out that you were in love with me." I tell her, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I see you've been counting carefully." Liz teases.

"It was a very treasurable moment, babe." I say.

::FLASHBACK::

"Yes I...I have feelings for you, Adam." She blushes.

"Okay." I nod.

"But I'm scared. I'm scared of letting you in and I'm scared of everything you just said about Kitsen. I want her to have a family and I want her to have her parents happy and in one place. My biggest fear is me screwing her over because I'm a control freak. I want to be the best Mom and I want to be there for her and I also want you to be there for her because you are the best Dad." Liz rambles. "The truth is that I need you, Adam! I need you because I can't do this alone and I need you because I'm in love with you. I'm in love with you, Adam Huber."

"You're- sorry?" I clear my throat and continue. "What did you just say?"

"I'm in love with you, Adam." Liz whispers.

"Do you know how long I've wanted to hear those words?" I ask, completely giddy.

"Do you know how long I've wanted to say those words?" She counters.

"So I'm in love with you and you're in love with me." I say.

"Pretty much." Liz says.

"And do you want...?" I trail off, trying to find the words.

"Yes, I want you to be my boyfriend." Liz says.

"That works out nicely, I was going to ask you to be my girlfriend." I smile playfully, pulling her in for a long awaited passionate kiss.