𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷 Years Old : Part 1

~NOTES~
I'm sorry in advance for what I'm about to do to your hearts. Yes, you should be worried. And yes, have tissues at hand.

Adam's POV
I walk downstairs after showering and see Liz sitting on the couch with a script in her hand and a glass of red wine.

"Hey." Liz smiles softly.

"The house is a mess." I say looking around.

"That's what's it like when you have a child." Liz rolls her eyes.

"Kitsen's thirteen!" I exclaim.

"Exactly." Liz nods, going back to her script.

"Why is there clothes and make up and bags and shoes everywhere? So. Many. Shoes!" I ask.

"Get over it, Adam." Liz says.

"Why don't you tidy it up?" I ask.

"Why don't you tidy it up?" Liz asks back.

"Maybe because I've been at work, filming for a month which is far more than you've got to say." I say.

"How fucking dare you." Liz says, standing up from the couch and putting her script down.

"I swear whenever I come home you're doing jack shit." I say.

"That is not true! I've been cooking and looking after Kitsen and prepping for my new movie." Liz says.

"Looking after Kitsen? Is that what you call it? She's out right now and it's nearly ten!" I yell.

"She's at a friends!" Liz yells, walking to the kitchen.

"A friend? And I assume you've met this friend?" I ask, following her.

"No but I have this thing called trust. It's a new word for you so you might wanna look it up." Liz snaps.

"Fuck off." I say.

"Don't tell me to fuck off! I'm your fiancé, for the love of god!" Liz yells.

"My fiancé? Why don't you start acting like it." I say.

"You are not the man I fell in love with." Liz says, grabbing a bottle of wine and shakily pouring herself a glass.

"People change." I shrug.

"I didn't want you to change! I wanted everything to stay like it was!" Liz yells.

"Are you saying you don't want Kitsen?" I ask.

"Don't you put words in my mouth! Kitsen is the best thing that's ever happened to us and I love her with my whole heart." Liz yells. "I meant us fighting!"

"Couples fight." I say.

"Not like this, Adam. We've fought every night the past three weeks and four days." Liz says.

"Are you counting?" I ask.

"Yes." Liz says, drinking from her glass.

"Of course you're drinking again." I roll my eyes.

"Excuse me?" Liz asks.

"You've been drinking every night this past week." I say.

"It helps me go easy on you." Liz narrows her eyes.

"What time are you picking Kitsen up?" I ask.

"She's getting dropped off." Liz says. "Why are you so protective over Kitsen?"

"Because she's our daughter! You don't seem to even care." I say.

"That is way out of line!" Liz yells.