01

☽︎

"Can i see?" She asked while giggling.

"not yet love, i have to make it look more like you. But i don't really think i'll be able to, you are perfect. No paint can express such beauty as yourself." He told her.

"Oh please, i'm nearly perfect. Now I have to see it, i need it more than oxygen. I might forget how to breath." She joked.

"Oh well in that case, you can." He smiled at her.

He finally let her see. The canvas revealed the beautiful face of her. She was amazed at the sight. Not at her beauty, but his talent. The way he could make everything look so beautiful.

But she couldn't see his face.

☾︎

"Syd, wake up we have school y'know." The sight of Elena Gilbert punching her with a pillow was the first thing she saw after that ethereal dream.

"I had the best dream of my life, why did you have to wake me up?" Sydney yelled at her twin sister.

"Well i'm sorry but academic validation is far more important than a dream." Elena fought back.

"I'm not so sure about that. But hey, today is the decade dance." Sydney reminded her sister.

"How could i forget about that? Caroline would murder me." Elena said in an obvious tone.

"well yeah. Now let me go to the bathroom." Sydney told her.

"Syd be quick, i don't have a desire to be late." Elena yelled.

"Lord give me power to deal with this family." Sydney hissed under her breath, clearly done with the situation.

She quickly brushed her teeth, changed into some flared jeans and a black tight t-shirt with a leather jacket she stole from Damon, did a light make up look and went outside. Grabbing her backpack and pouring coffee into a thermos.

Sydney and Elena left together, while Jeremy was too cool to walk to school with his older sisters.

☽︎

The history lesson came up. She wasn't the biggest fan of the subject, she much prefered to be at Geography right now, but hey it was better than math..

Alaric entered the classroom.

"So, uh class what are we learning about today?" He said, he was clearly hungover, probably out all night drinking with Damon.

"Since the decade dance is today, we have been covering the sixties." Dana answered him.

"Right, uh the sixties. There's nothing much to talk about the decade. Except the Beatles, they made it bearable. Uh, also the watergate-"

"The watergate was the seventies Mr. Saltzman." Sydney corrected him, sharply.

"Oh right, it gets all mushed up, thank you uh Sydney." Alaric, or should I say Klaus kept gazing at her. She was so beautiful and peaceful, while being so sharp and exact.

But he reminded himself wrong body.

She just casually glared at him, she never really liked Alaric for some reason, and he didn't really like her either, it was obvious he much prefered her twin. It was pretty rare though, even as kids, their classmates always found themselves having a little crush on Sydney, rarely Elena.

Now that the Salvatores have both chosen Elena over her, Elena felt much better.

Usually she was always jealous of the way people prefered Sydney over her.