5. Let loose the butterflies darling

──────────────✧❁✧─────────────

Arabella's thumb hovered over the dial button as she chewed anxiously on her bottom lip. She didn't even know why she hesitated at first, how to express her gratitude and the safety he'd brought upon her or if referring to the event would cause her emotions to break again. Maybe both, and she didn't wanted to make him more concerned than he already seemed to be.

" Call him now or I will. You've been staring on your phone for the last ten minutes. " Rose chuckled from across the kitchen as she took care of the dishes.

Arabella took a deep breathe of courage and finally pressed the button before placing the phone to her ear. The waiting tone only went on for one until it clicked and his voice replaced it.

" Are you all right? " His voice was low and gruff, his breathing heavy. She could hear a distant voice in the back until it faded as he closed a door.

He also sounded tired and she wondered if he even had slept since he got back to the hotel.

She exhaled the breathe she'd been holding onto since she'd pressed the button. " I'm better. Me and Rose just had pancakes and tea. "

" I'm glad to hear that. " His tone sounded calmer, making an contagious affect on her bundle of nerves as she laid down on the couch.

" Look James, I just wanted to say thank you. I'm really glad you where there. " Her voice cracked at the end as she felt her eyes pricking with tears.

She recoiled of what could've happened if he wasn't there, if someone even would've seen the scene and stopped it before it went to far.

" There's no need to thank me for anything. I did what everyone should do to prevent something like that. Are you sure you're okay now though? No need to call a doctor? "

" Physically I'm fine, mentally maybe not...but I'll be fine. I just need time I guess, also with trying to remember him. I don't know why I can't, if it's a defense mechanism or something like that. I want him...god I sound like a psychopath now but I want him to suffer James. "

The other line was silent for a while before it replaced with footsteps. It sounded like he was down somewhere, maybe a basement, and she didn't recoil the hotel having one with access for the guests.

" Let me take care of that. I think I have enough for the officers to run him through their data base. If that's okay with you? " He asked as he opened a car door and the engine roared to life.

" Really? That would be so helpful. Thank you again James...I guess I see you around? " She could only blush more than enough just thinking about how soon they could see each other again.

His chuckle vibrated against her ear. " We will. I only had one latte and I'm hooked. "

She grinned and rolled over to the side, petting Hercules from under the table. " Just drop by whenever you have time. I'm at the place today. See you around. "