Lucas worked on Higgs' leg, sewing it back up from having to cut it open and maneuver the bone around so that it would heal properly. When he got word that Higgs had been returned, he rushed to the house immediately. Edgar had said something was wrong with his leg and as soon as he moved it, he knew that it was broken. His femur had snapped clean in two and Lucas knew that no matter what he did, he wouldn't be able to set the bone evenly from the outside. If he didn't want Higgs to suffer excruciating pain even after being healed, he was going to have to cut open the thigh and move the bone manually. It was risky, but whenever he changed into a creature later on, the bone would be more apt to set correctly. Unfortunately, in order to cut into Higgs' leg, he had to give him something for the pain.

Even though Higgs was allergic to laudanum, it was really all Lucas had on hand to keep the pain at bay. Morphine was expensive and as much as he was the main doctor of Northumberly family, he had other people to treat and other people who paid for the expensive and more successful use of morphine. But, the good thing was that Higgs' allergic reaction was mostly hives, which Lucas could treat easily; the bad thing was that he had to heavily dose his patient so that not even a hint of pain was felt. It was the least he could do after having to endure what he went through.

"Mr. Lizard?"

Lucas looked up as he watched Higgs watch him with heavy eyelids.

"Lizard?" he asked.

Higgs gave a goofy grin. "I didn't know lizards knew how to operate..."

Ah, the laudanum... "We have our uses." Lucas answered, knowing there was no use fighting a doped man.

"How do you work with such tiny hands?"

"Very carefully." He said with a chuckle.

"Where am I?"

"You're home."

"This isn't home. Home is where Elizabeth is."

Lucas frowned. "That's not true in the slightest. Look at what she did to you..."

"You're a lizard, you have no concept of right and wrong..."

"Lizards are quite insightful, don't you know... and Elizabeth isn't here."

"Oh no... why not?"

"Because we rescued you from her."

"Mmm, but you said I was home, which means that I'm at her house. Elizabeth's home is my home."

"Who said that?"

"Elizabeth. Elizabeth is always right... That's the rule."

"Elizabeth is wrong."

"Sometimes, but I can't tell her that. If I do then she will hurt me."

"I see..."

Lucas went back to finishing up his suturing and they were quiet for a while.

"Do you know Merida, Mr. Lizard?"

"I do."

"Then... do you know why she didn't come for me?" Lucas looked up. "I called and called and prayed she'd come and find me but... she never came."

"Did Elizabeth tell you that too?"

"Uh huh."

"Then she is a liar."

"How do you know?"

"Because I'm a lizard."

"Right, I forgot... but... Merida... sometimes... she would act so strange."