Once they got to the door of Aonghas' home, Coinneach knocked on it and waited for someone to come to the door.

"Ye seem like ye've had a rough time these few months then." He said, continuing the conversation from earlier.

"Aye, it's been a horrid end of the year."

"Doughall isnae going to be happy when he comes back and finds ye with child. Ye ken yer employer is in muchle pain now..."

"Doughall can kiss my ass on the subject. Isnae his life to dictate."

"Hope ye're obstinate enough to tell him that to his face."

"When have I ever not been?"

The door opened and a plump young woman with coppery hair in a braid looked up at Coinneach and gave him a smile.

"Kenyach, what do we owe the pleasure?"

"Merida's home!" he said, moving out of the way to display his sister. "She needs a place to stay."

"Merida?" she said, her blue eyes bright.

"Neilina?"

"Oh bless me! Ye've returned!" Neilina cried, running out of the house and embracing Merida.

Merida accepted with open arms and the two laughed, tears in their eyes.

"I kenned for sure that yer journey to England would have ye so fuming that ye'd be back by month's end but it's been almost five years!" Neilina said, pulling back and then looking down. She yelped. "Holy mother, ye're with child."

"Aye, that I am." Merida said with a small chuckle. "I'm surprised ye didnae ken it sooner."

"I was just so happy to see ye back that it didnae cross my mind that it took a bit to hug ye." She said with a laugh. "Ye're big too. How long are ye?"

"About four months or so."

"Ye look like ye're about to pop. Ye got a giant in there?"

"Either that or more than one... I hear that Aonghas is the one in charge now. I didnae ken he'd ever take on the role. What changed his mind?"

"Doughall did. Ye ken how much Doughall didnae want the responsibility of everraone anymore after everrathing settled and Aonghas was always so good with politics and such. The whole village voted on it about the time ye left."

"It was a landslide." Coinneach added.

"Well, come in. Dinnae ye stand there like strangers. Ye're a guest in our house."

Neilina opened the door wider to let them in and then led them to the sitting room. She had some servants bring tea and biscuits as she went to the doorway.

"I'll let Aonghas know ye're here and we can discuss where ye'll stay."

Merida nodded as Coinneach grabbed the pot of tea and began to pour for them.

"Why is Neilina here anyway? Is she Aonghas's secretary?"

"Oh, ye left before it all happened. She's married to Aonghas now."

Merida coughed. "What?"

"Aye, like I said, happened a few months after ye left. Apparently Aonghas wanted them to keep it a secret until everrathing was completely finished with the warring and such. After a few months, it was declared that things were done and he proposed to her almost immediately."

"Why didnae she write me about it? I would have come..."

"I ken ye were getting used to yer employer at the time and ye ken how Neilina is; she wouldnae have wanted to mess with ye an she thought ye were going to get in trouble for leaving since ye just got there."