19. Somethings stay the same

*Pov Dominic*

I pick up Adriana out of her carseat and watch Angelica as she looks around the exterior of the house. I walk over to her and give her a reassuring smile also placing my palm on the small of her back. I guide her towards the front door and see that Adriana has fallen asleep in my arms.

I open the front door letting Angelica walk in first. Her eyes roam each corner of the rooms infront of her. Probably checking in anything has changed.

Nothing has changed. I kept everything the same. Because without her I don't have a home. I even used the same cleaning products as she used to keep the house smelling like her. Despite fully understanding that all that means nothing without her actually being here.

I walk over to the couch and place Adriana down letting her sleep. I then walk back over to Angelica who still hasn't moved from the front room. Her eyes are now fixed to the image on the wall my the staircase. Our Wedding Photo.

I walk infront of her and her eyes finally break away for the photo now looking directly into my eyes.

"Everything is the same" she chokes while tears begin to fall from her eyes

"Somethings are meant to stay the same. This is our home and that will never change no matter our situation. This will always be your home." I say while hugging her attempting to stop her tears.

"How about we go upstairs? I have something to show you. Adriana just fell asleep so she won't be up for a little while" I say to her. She nods and we head upstairs.

Once upstairs I guide her towards the second door and open it. She walks in and gasps in shock.

When I came home yesterday I spent the whole night setting up a room for Adriana. I got her new toys, new clothes, a new bed and pillows.

I show Angelica all of this. She turns to me and smiles before kissing me hard on the lips. I reciprocate placing my arms around her waist.

She breaks away from my lips. "Thank you thank you so much it's perfect. She will love it. Your the best dad." She says to me hugging me once again. I feel my heart flip.

"I love you so much Angelica" I whisper

"I know, I'm getting there too just give me some time. There's a lot I need to consider." She explains to me.

"I know my love and I'll wait however long you need" I reassure her