29. Falling together

*Pov Dominic*

The entire day in my office I spend signing useless paperwork. By the time 2:30pm rolles around I can't wait to leave and head back home to take Angelica to her surprise.

I have thought about this day since the moment I found out the truth about what actually happened and I can't help but feel ridiculous for ever believing that she wasn't in love with me.

The drive over takes longer than expected and by the time I reach home it's already 3:30.

"I'm so sorry my love the traffic was a nightmare" I say rushing through the front door trying to see if she's mad. I don't want to do this when she's mad at me.

"No worries it gave us more time to get ready" she says causing me to look up at the staircase.

My jaw drops and I see her wearing a breathtaking black dress. Her heels are also black and her hair is pulled back into a well styled messy bun. Her make up is gental and highlights her natural beauty. Next to her is Adriana in a shorter version of her mother dress, her hair in space buns and black ballerinas.

"Wow......my girls look beautiful" I comment making them both blush.

We all head out the door and into the car. I'm reminded by Adriana to be careful when placing her in her car seat to make sure her dress "doesn't rinkle" and I assure her it won't. Like mother like daughter.

After about a 30 minute drive I tell them both to close their eyes as I lead them into the elevator. I guide them both to the roof top of my building which has been set up with sunflowers, both of their favourite flowers, and already lit candles.

When they both open their eyes Adriana turns to me and hugs me tight while Angelica just looks in disbelief.

I turn first to Adriana pulling out a small velvet box.

"Adriana, I promise to always be there for you. To be your biggest and loudest cheerleader in life and to always stand by you no matter what. I love you and this necklace should always remind you of that."

I open the box to reviel a small gold chain on which a tiny gold angle pendant is thread onto. Angel for Angelica. Adriana takes the box from me and kisses my cheek thanking me.

I stand up to face Angelica who already has  tears in her eyes. I hold onto her hands and say...

"I know I'm not the man you fell in love with. But I hope that you'll give me another chance at being him, at being your husband, your companion, your everything." I pull out a slightly larger velvet box to reveal our original wedding bands.

"How did you find my one?" Angelica asks speechless

"I have my ways" I say with a smile on my face

"So is that a yes, will you be my wife again?"

She pauses for a moment and I being to panic realising only now that it may be too soon for her. She did want to take things slow.

Angelica always thinks above and beyond while I stop at the here and now. She brings me out of my darkness while dimming her own.

"You don't have to answer now" I say trying to gain a response from her

"Yes" she finally says

"Yes I'll be your wife" she repeats herself to cement her response

I place the ring back on her hand where it belongs and I kiss her deeply.

I turn and pick up Adriana hugging them both. I finally have my entire family in my arms.

I hear Angelica whisper gently into my ear
"Your not the same man as before, your much better" and my heart swells at her confession.

Falling together is the best way to fall, it give us that forbidden forever