thirteen| legacy dance

The Legacy dance is bullshit

Each year Kai begs me to go with him, and I do, but not this year. This year I'm getting drunk in my room while watching The Breakfast Club.

There's no point in going to a stupid dance when I'm not even going to enjoy myself.

Though I did hear that Viktor brought Petra. Honestly, good for them to not conform to society's idealistic relationship.

I was currently chugging down a bottle of whiskey, the burn wasn't even affecting me anymore.

"Slow down, Van. You're going to make yourself pass out." A voice called out from my door as I threw a knife in that direction.

Chico had barely ducked down before the knife lodged itself in the wood of the doorframe.

"What do you want?" I half-slurred.

"I want to talk, for real this time." He stated while walking closer to my bed and taking a seat at the far end.

"Do you want me to deal with this?" Smiley asked, cracking his knuckles as I tried to hide a smirk.

"I'll be fine, bello."

"I want to apologize for asking you to have sex with me... it wasn't fair to put you in this situation. I also want to apologize for calling you Maria- I don't have an excuse for that. I'm just a shitty fucking person. But I'm not apologizing for saying that I love you. Because I do. I love you so fucking much, Vanessa. You're my best friend, you're always there for me. I've never gotten that with Maria."

He said while fiddling with the hem of his shirt at I raised an eyebrow at him. Since when does he get shy? Or flustered?

"Are you going to forgive him, Van? I feel like he's toying with your feelings."

"Not yet... I want to know just how sincere his apology really is." I answered before getting up from my bed, slightly stumbling over my feet as I made my way towards Chico.

Putting a hand on his shoulder, the Latino boy looked up at me with hopeful eyes. Oh baby.

"I can't accept your apology, Chico. Well- the one where you're not apologizing for saying I love you. I can't have you toying with my emotions like that... give me some time."

"From me?"

"Yes. I need to wrap my head around everything." I told him as he nodded, his head slumping down as Smiley laughed.

"The power you hold!"

"How much time do you need?"

"A week, maybe. I don't know, Chico." I said before he stood up.

Leaning in, Chico pressed a kiss on my forehead before walking towards the door.

"I'm sorry, Van." He mumbled before closing the door behind him.