-4-

Briar was woken to her windows being opened and the bright light shining in

Briar was woken to her windows being opened and the bright light shining in. The room was quickly filled with a golden glow.

Once dressed and fully ready for the day she headed downstairs to meet with the Bridgerton family. 'Good morning, Briar, I trust you slept alright?' Anthony asked momentarily forgetting about why he met with Sienna last night. 'I did, and you?' She asked following him to the dining room where the food was prepared and laid out. 'Fantastic, I slept alright. Daphne and I are going for a horse ride after breakfast and I was hoping you would do the honor and join us?' He asked hopeful.

'I have no reason not to, plus Daphne is wonderful company.' Before Anthony could retort an answer Benedict approached them. 'Benedict,' Briar smiled, Anthony watched the smile that spread across Benedict's lips. 'Briar, I hope you slept well. I heard there's gonna be bacon for breakfast.'

She loved bacon, it was one of the few things Alexander knew how to cook and he didn't like having maids.

'Really?' She asked with a glint in her eyes. 'Would I lie about something so important?' He asked. 'Well, let us see.' Anthony said and they all sat at the table.

[TIME SKIP]

'Why it is such a beautiful day,' days like these caused Briar to be grateful for her wealth and fortune. Not many could say they lived in a lavish home and wore the best silks and gowns.

No, Briar wasn't as wealthy as the Bridgertons but she could always count on there being food on the table.

'Lord Berbrook is harmless.' Anthony said to them hoping to help ease any fears of the man. 'That very well may he true, he just makes me uncomfortable.' Briar said looking over at Anthony.

'Do not remind me," Anthony remembered the comments that came from Lord Berbrook. 'Briar, I have yet to thank you for saving me from what no doubt would've been a very uncomfortable conversation.' Briar smiled at Daphne.

'There will be others,' Anthony smiled at a man he knew. 'Have you read Lady Whistledowns newest work?" Daphne asked Briar with a curious glint in her eyes. 'I have not yet had the chance, is there something important in it?'

Daphne sighed, 'She speaks of your encounter with Lord Berbrook.' Briar nodded looking off into the distance. 'It is not the first time rumors have been said of me and I assure you it will not be the last.' Briar was quiet the rest of the ride allowing the two siblings to talk.

'Lady Whistledown seems to think we are ineligible.' Daphne spoke looking over to her brother. 'That is not true,' Anthony argued. 'It is true because of you. You have managed to scare every suitor away. She had merely reported it.' Anthony looked at Briar then his sister as he realized there may he some truth to his sisters words.