Chapter Twenty Five: All My Life

"Please, I beg of you all...heed my call." Mythas avowed, apologetically. "Reape will travel alongside us, she will provide aid in-"

Iliran stopped her, raising a tan palm and batting his eyelashes, "The vampire has already sent word. She has taken Pelleas to the ice."

"Whatever it may take." Lokvaar concurred, swiping his chin length hair away from his eyes as he approached Davret and his steed, promptly lifting his sinewy arms up toward the halfling who did not protest. She placed her tiny palms on his shoulders, to which he responded by gripping her waist tightly as he lifted her from the leather saddle - then releasing her frame above the dirt, watching as she collapsed to her rear with a slight whimper.

"Gods' wrath, Lokvaar! She is hurt! You are too burly for your own good." Fiel's sharp tone scolded him as she approached from the shadows. She could feel Iliran's sapphire gaze glue itself to her as soon as she became visible under the firelight.

"Bah! Davret!" the warrior yelped, hosting her up by the loops in her vest, "What can I do? Tell me!"

"Allow me." Tiam offered gently, his tone warm. "I am at your service."

Lokvaar frowned at his sudden display of princely charm, but was forced to go along with it as the halfling wriggled in his grasp, clearly in pain. He freed her, watching as Davret limped and hobbled toward the log that the Glittering Prince effortlessly squatted on, his hooves perfectly balanced against the stripped bark of the dead tree.

Tiam straddled the log as the halfling took her seat, his silvery hands drifted toward her with their palms facing the night sky. "I'm sorry, my dear...but I'm afraid that I will have to touch it in order to heal it."

"What, exactly, are you going to be healing?" Lokvaar's tone rasped over the crackling fire.

"Her ankle." the prince responded without breaking his metallic gaze from Davret's own catlike stare.

The rogue only slowly nodded at him, her lips slightly parted as she felt herself becoming enthralled by his angelic appearance.

Tiam brought his delicate fingers toward her leg that lay straight over the log, carefully beginning to untie her boot's laces in order to enable him to slide it away from her injured foot without hurting her more in the process. When her swollen arch was revealed, the prince placed his cool palms over her ankle, his eyes widening with shock as he realized aloud, "Broken, completely shattered. It is beyond me how you are not in tears?"

Davret blushed, her emerald eyes twinkling with awe as he complimented her strength.

"Try to contain your looks of wonder, halfwit. You are seconds away from drooling, I think." Iliran teased her gently.

"You will not replace Pelleas as the humorous elf, Iliran. There is space for only one of those in this guild." Lokvaar barked, trying to conceal the mean nature behind his words, his glare still locked on Tiam.

Davret frowned for a moment before snapping her face toward the archer with a slight grin, "It is not every day that a common girl such as myself is quite literally waited on hand and foot...by a prince, nonetheless. Allow me to cherish this moment, won't you?"

The rogue's head whipped back toward her aching toes as she saw a white light fade into her peripheral vision; the Glittering Prince's palms glowed with a soothing aura as he gently rubbed them over her foot, chanting several unintelligible whispers under his breath. "And I thought it could not get any better." Davret gushed.

Iliran sputtered a short laugh before retorting, "No mind your looks of wonder. If you say another word, I think our warrior will be unable to mask his looks of jealousy! Tiam will have to repair his head after it explodes."