Chapter 23 - Recovery

I woke up to a beeping sound around me but I was too weak to open my eyes. All I did was focus on the sound that calmed me. I breathed in and moved my finger a bit. My lips were dry and I felt like i haven't tasted water in a while. My muscles were sore and when i tried and move my body the pain hit me. I gasped at the pain in my ribs. In an instant I felt pressure on my hand, causing me to open my eyes. My vision was blurry but I could recognize my mom. I could see worry in her eyes and tears. I crocked a weak smile. "Hey mom." I said with my rasky voice. She leaned down and pressed a kiss on my forehead. I tried staying up but I drifted away after a minute.

Next time I woke up it was late because the room was dark. I was feeling better and I was able to move. I tried rising up but the pain surprised me so I just stayed down. I found a switch and I turned the light on. The room was white with some teddy bears and roses. I yawned and decided to call the nurses. I pressed on the red button then waited a few minutes. Soon a woman appeared asking me questions like how I feel and if I’m thirsty and things like that. After she was done it was my turn. "What happened? And where is my mom? I remember seeing her here." She was checking my pulse while answering. "You got hit by a car. A man found you laying in an ally after a few hours. You have three broken ribs and you winced your foot. As for your mom, she was here but she went home to get you some clothes. She will be back tomorrow morning to talk." As soon as she mentioned the broken ribs the pain returned. I remembered everything that happened but not after that. I must have blacked out. " Talk about what?" I asked shocked at what they knew. I don't want to tell them what I know and what i saw. Nurse almost left the room but not before she answered. "About the person that tried to kill you. Rest now sweetie." So someone tried to kill me for real and I wasn't even sure what to feel about that. I could remember the yellow car and i could remember some numbers but as to say who exactly did it? I didn't know. I might as well imagine it all. As I was thinking of that a memory of me and Luke came onto my mind. All the kisses and all the touches. The whispers. I raised my hand and wipes my tear away. No wonder someone tried to run me with a car. I keep on hurting people. I signed in frustration until I noticed my phone on the table. I reached over and even though it hurt I got to my Samsung. I had twelve messages. Five were from Ela and three from Ninna. Both were very worried and wanted me to recover soon. Some were from my classmates wishing me the same as my bestie and my best friend. Four were from Luke. I opened the first one, feeling guilt taking over. ''Hey, where did you go? x'' . I felt my heart pounding. I left Luke in the car. I ran away without saying anything, giving him hope. I opened the next one. ''Please don't go away just when I got you back. Talk to me please. x.'' I wasn't even breathing anymore. I clicked on another one. ''It's been six days. Where are you?'' I tried looking for you but you are no where to be found. What? Six days? I've been here for six days? Oh my god. The feeling I got made me cry. I made him worry and it was so irresponsible of me to let that happen. I had one last message to open and when I did something happened inside of me.''No matter how much I try to let you go, I just can't. I love you so much it hurts. I would do anything for you. Please baby don't push me away.'' And I knew at that moment what I wanted to do.

The day passed by with doctors checking me and giving me infusion. Some of my classmates visited me and brought me some more toys. At the end of the day the doctors gave me a sleeping pill because the pain was keeping me up. When I woke up, my mom was there. She was obviously worried and since I wanted to avoid the topic I just rushed to get out of the hospital. I need to stay at home for two more weeks and then come to the hospital so they can see how my ribs are healing. I was pulling my pants off, trying is a better word, when my mom hugged me. I was out of breath when she let me go, probably cause she forgot about my broken ribs. She pulled away and I could see tears in her eyes. "Oh gosh babe, I'm sorry I forgot. I'm just so happy you're okay. What have you gotten into? Do you want me to call Luke or Leah?" At the mention of her name I looked at my mom like i was going to stab someone. In that same moment I knew exactly who owned that yellow car. That cow wanted to kill me. I was shocked at that idea because I never thought I could ever be friends with someone like her. "Um no mom. I will let him know when we are home. Now let's go. I hate hospitals." I rushed frustrated. We came home after two hours and I was exhausted. I just crashed on my bed and rested. Then I took my phone and logged on Twitter. Been a while since I was online. Everyone in my mentions were wishing me good recovery. "Shit!" I said. 

I knew the boys will see it. I cursed and laid down. My mom soon brought me soup and some candies that were better than hospital food in many ways.  

I thanked her and started eating. She sat down on my bed and watched me. "What happened in the ally?" I almost chocked on my soup. I looked at her. "What do you mean?" I acted like I have no idea of what she's saying. "I know you know. And you need to tell. Some police will be here and they will ask questions. Tell me so I will know who tried to hurt my baby." I smiled and grabbed her hand. "I won't lie, i promise. But I need some time. I promise I will tell the police everything but first I need to talk to someone. Or two." I looked away. My mom nodded and stood up. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and dialed a number. I looked at her. "Hello? This is Eva's mom here. Yes. She is at home. And she needs to talk to you. And your brother. Be here as soon as possible. Thank you. Want some tea? Okay. Later." My mouth were opened as I was staring at my mom. "What..why..how?" Was all I would ask. She just smiled and left. Well thank you momma. Cause of you I have to deal with two problems at the same time. With two brothers instead of one. Lord help me.

After a while I realized that my recovery from my broken ribs won't be the only thing I will recover from. It will be a beginning of a recovery from a heartache I knew I will feel as soon as they leave my room.

-----------------

If there are any mistakes I am truly sorry but I’m typing this on my phone and we all know how that works. haha :) Also I realize that this isn't a very long chapter but if I get time I will update tomorrow before I leave to London. I have an amazing week ahead of me and hopefully some new ideas :)

This chapter was dedicated to one of my readers ilovejai22. I love you and thank you for reading my story.

next chapter will be heartbreaking for one for sure.. which one do you think? :) 

also I’m dedicating the next chapter to one of you.. so make sure u comment and vote ♡