𝟬𝟬𝟬

illusion of hope!
( stranger things )

❝Every night, the same dream; every morning, the same nightmare

Sometimes reality hurts.
But not as much as the illusions we create when we don't want to accept it.

summary!

Julianna Wheeler was broken.

The first time her heart broke was when a bomb blew up her home in Sokovia, destroying her life but also taking away people who held a dear place in her heart; the people that raised her.

Her parents. Of course the family were at risk as an active war was going on outside their very home walls but they didn't think they would loose eachother this early in life.

The second time Julianna's heart broke━even more than it already was━was when a so-called scientist named Dr Martin Brenner took her and her brother━Pietro━away from the orphanage they were placed in.

He took them to a place called Hawkins Labouratory where he and other scientists would experiment on children and give them telekinetic abilities. But Pietro was different━he didn't have telekinetic abilities, oh no, he had untapped abilities where he had super speed. Brenner found this out by using an unknown, non-earthly stone that appereared in the depths of the Amazon and tested it on the boy.

Shocked by his discovery, Brenner forcefully experimented on Julianna, making her touch the stone, as well. Brenner wasn't happy with the results, Julianna, not only had nothing happen to her but made the most powerful object that world had probably ever seen dissappear of the face of the Earth.

Due to his failed experiment Brenner planned to throw her out, like she was nothing. Unbeknownst to him and his team of scientists, she was growing strong, her head rung when people were close, like a bell tossing continuously.

Julianna didn't understand what was happening, she was scared of the feelings she possessed l, of the power she held. She was afraid of herself.