Chapter 1

"Jamie, are you dressed yet?" Asked Mrs.Gabriel, the director of the orphanage I've lived in my whole life.
"Almost, I just need to put my shoes and I'll be ready!"
"Okay, there are two people here to meet with you."
Wait, what? Nobody ever wanted me, I was too old. They always wanted the little kids.
"I'm ready!" I said, opening my door and stepping out.
"Come on, Jamie, they're excited to meet you."
"Just one question, why me?"
"They said they were busy, and wanted someone who was self-reliant, but they still wanted to have a family. I told them we had a 13 year old girl, and they wanted to meet you."
"Sweet!" I said as we got to the meeting room. My heart started to pound, and my palms started to sweat. I was beyond nervous. I hadn't done this in a few years, people stopped wanting you when you turned 10.
"Mr.Grassi, Mr.Hoying, this is Jamie." Mrs.Gabriel said, motioning to... Mitch Grassi and Scott Hoying?
"Hi! Call me Mitch."
"And I'm Scott."
"I-i know. I'm a huge fan!"
"That's great! So, Jamie, what do you like?" asked Mitch.
"Umm, music, art, writing, singing, I'm kind of boring."
"You don't sound boring. What bands do you like?" asked Scott.
"Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Panic! At The Disco, Pierce The Veil, Mindless Self Indulgence, and... Pentatonix." I said, looking down at my shoes and blushing.
"What kind of things do you write?" Mitch asked.
"Songs, stories, poems, and fanfiction."
"Oh, please don't tell me you write Scömichè fanfiction."
"No, it's mostly either My Chemical Romance or Fall Out Boy."
"Final question." Said Scott.
Oh man, this is it.
"Who's your favorite member of Pentatonix?"
"Avi. Avi Avi Avi."
"That's good, cause we don't want you having crushes on your new parents!" Yelled Mitch.
"What?" I said, standing up and covering my face with my hands.
"We just need to sign the papers and then we're yours!" Said Scott, who then went outside to get Mrs.Gabriel and the adoption papers. He brought them in and signed a few spaces, handed the pen to Mitch who did the same, and then gave the papers back.
"It's official, Jamie Grassi-Hoying!" Said Mitch, pulling me into a big hug.
"Whoa whoa. Who said your last name went first?" Said Scott, putting his hands on his hips and looking at Mitch.
"Whoa, don't fight! I'm going to go with Grassi-Hoying like Wyatt. Sorry Scott." I said, hugging him.
"Okay." He said, ruffling my hair.
Mrs.Gabriel came in, grabbed the papers, and started to tear up.
"No, Mrs.G, don't cry!" I said, running over and hugging her.
"Jamie, I should have known this day would come. I couldn't hold on to you forever. Don't forget me when you become big and famous, okay?" She said, wiping her tears off her face.
"How could I? You basically raised me. Remember when I was little, I even called you Mom?"
"I remember. We're all going to miss you."
"I'll miss you guys too."
"You should go pack your bags, and say goodbye to everyone."
I nodded and went upstairs to my room. I emptied my closet, my desk drawers, and got all my pictures and posters, and then put the rest of my stuff in my backpack. I took a last look around the room I had lived in my entire life, and walked towards my new life, and my new family.

A/N so this story is for my friend jamie_mckeough (she's jamie guys) and she's awesome so yeah.