The Gate Pt. 1

A/N- I'm going to start making parts a little shorter. Sorry if I don't write a lot, I haven't been feeling super motivated lately my mental healths been pretty shitty recently 🤭And I'm going to try to spread chapters out a little longer so when Volume 2 drops i can write about that and there won't be a big time skip, enjoy reading and thanks for the support!! leave suggestions abt what you would like to see in the future i'm open to writing about anything really :)

This one wasn't really shorter, oops. 1,026 words

Y/N POV
I was still shaken up about what had just happened but I knew that I was safe. We had to continue on our journey but I needed a minute to rethink things. I don't think i'll ever be able to fully process what had just happened. This monster was hurting the people I loved, i knew there was only one thing we could do. It took me a lot of time to convince myself to come to terms with it but, we needed to fight.

The Beginning of the End
I looked up at the rest of the group.
"Let's kill this son of a bitch" I said
I got up and grabbed the compass out of Dustin's hand. I could tell everyone was looking at me shocked but i didn't care. I got the boat ready and prepared my self for what was about to happen.
"well are you guys just going to sit there or...?" I said directing them to get onto the boat.
Eddie got in first, then steve and then Robin and Nancy. Dustin tried to get on but that's when Steve said,
"I think it's best if you guys stay here."
Dustin looked him annoyed. I pushed off the boat and quickly jumped in. I took a seat next to Eddie. He wrapped his arm around me, I felt safe with him. I watched the compass and directed the boat. Suddenly the compass started going haywire.
"STOP, stop stop stop stop!" I shouted
"We're here" I said
"How do you know that?" Steve answered back to me
"Look at the compass."
I showed the compass to everyone, we all just sat there trying to figure out what was next.
"Well I think there's only one thing we can do." I explained as I started to strip my clothes.
"Woah what are you doing Y/n ?" Eddie said looking up at me
"Someone's got to go check it out and I was captain of the swim team for 3 years so if anyone is it's going to be me. I'm not just going to let this son of a bitch keep killing innocent kids." I answered
I could tell Eddie was staring at me, I mean I wasn't mad about it but I wanted to mess with him a little.
"Stop staring Munson, it's not anything you haven't seen before" I said looking into Eddie's beautiful brown eyes
He laughed at my comment and replied,
"that's true"
The others looked at us shocked, I kind of forgot they were there honestly.
Eddie put a plastic bag over a flashlight for me. When I tried to grab it he grabbed my hand and pulled me closer. He whispered in my ear,
"Be safe darling"
I got butterflies immediately but I tried to play it off,
"I will" I responded
"Y/n, are you sure you wanna do this I don't know if it's a good idea" Steve said to me
I looked at him dead in the eyes,
"well it's a little late now" I said as I jumped into the cold lake.

Y/N POV

The water was freezing but it was too late to go back now. I swam around for a bit trying to figure out what I was looked for. I swam over to a ledge that had bones all over it, fish bones and maybe other small animals. It grossed me out. I kind of lost track of time.

                           The Others POV

They all looked at each other in silence. Eddie was looking down into the lake while Robin was watching Steve and Nancy. They kept looking at each other.
"Oh my god I can't." Robin said to the group
"What??" everyone replied
"You two, there's so much tension it's freaking me out." She replied
Eddie was a little confused so he just kept his mouth shut but Steve gave Robin a dirty look while Nancy looked the other way embarrassed.
"She's been down there for awhile." Steve said worried
He stood up and started to take his clothes off. Robin watched Nancy as she stared at Steve. He jumped into

                                   Y/N POV
I studying the bones when I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I kicked it as hard as I could to get it away from me but when I turned around it was Steve. He was holding his leg in pain. I mouthed "sorry" to him and he just gave me a thumbs up. We started to look around and that's when I saw it. The gate. It was glowing and covered in weird vine things. I went up to it to touch it and then me and Steve turned around so we could go tell the others.

We got to shore and swam over to the boat.
"Found it" I said as a gasped for air
"Y/n what was that for. That shit hurt" Steve said looking over at me
"You came up from behind me and scared the shit out of me what did you expect?" I said sarcastically
"What happened?" Robin asked
"She kicked me in my leg hard as hell" steve replied
I was about to finish telling them what we saw but then I got pulled into the water. I fought it and came back up gasping for air but then Steve and I both got pulled under. It pulled us into the gate and we landed right on the floor of the upside down. We were going to go down there anyways I just wish it would have been willingly.

To be continued...