WHAT WILL BE NORMAL FROM NOW ON?

I gazed at my bedroom window

I gazed at my bedroom window. As I lay in bed, I felt the raindrops fall from the dismal, dark sky and heard the soft thunder rumble far away. I was unable to move. It was as though my limbs were shackled with anchors. I was going under; I was drowning in my self-pity. I covered my head with the cover. I closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep, listening to the rain's thumps echoing through my room.

My door slams open, "Hey." Before the cover is tugged, my leg shakes. "Stand up." I snuggle up in bed with my dad standing over me. He closes the door and leaves my room. I look out the window. I was forced to get up even though I didn't want to.

I pull myself out of bed and head to the restroom. I flip on the light, and the overhead light begins to flicker; I proceed to my shower and turn the handle. I walk away as the water shoots out. I rummaged in my closet, looking for clothing. I grab my black sweatshirt and yoga pants, throw them on my bed, and walk to my dresser. I take off my socks, bra, and underwear.

A deep breath escapes my lips as I toss the items on my bed, the shower running in the space. I rub my face before going back into the bathroom. Fuck this

I rinsed the hair dye out of my hair. My jet-black hair was now a shade of honey brown. I watched the brown travel down the drain as I washed and shampooed my hair. I felt a little different. Maybe this was all I needed, a change of style. I grabbed the towel, wrapping it around my head.

I get off the wet floor and go into my bedroom. I skipped school today, again. I just couldn't, I couldn't be around hella people right now. I look in my full-body mirror and look at my new hair color. My phone rang, and I ran to my bed.

"Hello?" I stumble over the clothes on my floor.

"Hey! There's this party tonight, and I got my license. I want you to come with me." Zarha invites and I chew on my nails. "A party?" I walk around my room trying to ignore the pit in my chest. "Yes, Isla. I'll be there in an hour." She hangs up, and I look at my phone.

An hour?

I go to my closet and dig around for an outfit.

"Aww Isla you look so cute." Zarha sits in the driver seat, she smiles at me, the gold smiley complimenting her white teeth. I had on a dark gray denim skirt with a gray oversized jersey with black lettering, the jersey was halfway tucked in so I could show my belly. My hair was slicked down into two neat buns with black ribbons, and my edges were swooped and fluffy. I had the black and white Masion Miharas on my feet with stacked socks. The gold on my neck and wrists hit each other as I moved around in my seat.

I didn't know how to do my own makeup, honestly, so Mascara and lip liner were all I knew for right now. Zarha drove with both hands on the wheel and glanced at me. "You don't understand how pretty you look." She complimented me again, and I looked at her.

Zarha was wearing light blue denim shorts and a BAPE tee shirt. She was also wearing all her jewelry, and glitter was shimmering off her body. I hope I look good. I figured it was some rich kid whose parents weren't home. "So where is it at?" I asked.