HUSH! SHOW YOUR MANNERS, YOUNG MAN!

- pls comment i literally love reading them and they keep me motivated and entertained, thx coloreds 💕🫱🏾‍🫲🏿🧑🏿‍🎤

10TH GRADE

"You two need to stop!" Ms. Thomas separated me from Roman as he stood against the counter "I didn't push you!" Roman throws my notes at me and I duck before running up to smack him across the face "Isla!" Ms. Thomas yells, my palm was on fire as I ran from him, Roman chases me and shoves me into the desks and tables. People get up and I yank on his shirt tearing the neck.

"Keep fucking hitting me" he slams me on a desk shaking me up, he looked so upset "Get off me" I push on him starting to cry out of anger as he pushes me off him "It wasn't me" he spits with his bloody lip before being taken out by a male teacher.

I get pulled out too and we're both taken to the office.

"They don't get along! Everyday they fight!" Ms. Thomas rants as I sit in the opposite corner from Roman, he had ice on his cheek and his dad sat beside him "Look they're kids, they always bump heads" Mr. Gambino rests his elbows on his knees getting fed up with me and Roman.

His dark hazel eyes look at me and I look at my feet in embarrassment and shame.

Mr. Gambino liked me, I don't think he does anymore.

"Where's her parents, so we can come to a conclusion" he stands up and everyone looks at me "I called but it's going to voicemail" The principal looks at me with shame. I feel a hand stroke my back as Mr. Gambino squats down beside me "Where's your dad, Isla" he asks me and I shrug my shoulders "I dunno"

I blocked the schools number from my parents phone.

He stares at me "Can I take them home? I'm close with her family" he stands up and they give him the approval and paperwork to take me and Roman early.

"I'm sorry" I walk beside him and he looks down at me. We stop walking as Roman goes outside and waits by the car "Roman has anger problems, I'm not upset over him pushing your limits but you don't need to react, I know Roman liked you since kindergarten, he's hardheaded but you should let him hit his head a couple times" he walks us outside.

I look at Roman who stood with his back facing us. Roman likes me?

"It's not your fault, he's gonna grow out of it" he rubs my back and I look up at him "Why does he hate me. I tried being his friend?" I ask feeling my eyes start to water and he wipes my tears away "If you let Roman see you cry. He's gonna know he won. Don't show people that side of you" he tells me and I nod.

I feel Roman staring at me and I look at him for barely a moment as he gets in the backseat. His dad looks at me in the rear view mirror and I look down at my hands not letting myself get upset.