Welcome to the Underground

˚ * •̩̩͙ ✩ •̩̩͙ * ˚ ☆     ☾    ☆ ˚ * •̩̩͙ ✩ •̩̩͙ * ˚

˚ * •̩̩͙ ✩ •̩̩͙ * ˚ ☆ ☾ ☆ ˚ * •̩̩͙ ✩ •̩̩͙ * ˚

Year 844

Izanami's POV

✩ •̩̩͙ * ˚ ☆ .

I always dream about the night sky. How the stars would shine and the moon sparkle by the reflection of the sun. My mother used to explain it to me and also the feeling she felt when she saw it the first time, it sounded so beautiful. She also said that there are even more stars than you can count in the sky, and every single one of them is representing a fallen soldier who has died in battle against the enemy. There are even more stars than we cannot see, far out in the sky. She said that there is one particular star that is shining brighter than any other in the night sky, that star is my father. I wish I could see it myself.

My father and mother are both dead, my father lost in battle and my mother lost to the disease that was spreading through her body. My father died first when I was younger and not so long after that my mother died. Her last words were "Never forget who you are fighting for." At that time I always put my family first, but what happens when there is no one left to fight for. You find another. I met my new family and I promised them that I will never leave. We will be with each other and protect one another, always.

✩ •̩̩͙ * ˚ ☆ .

I walk slowly down the main street of the underground with my bag around my shoulder. It's quiet. I can see people sitting outside of their houses and stores, tired and hungry. It reminds me of how my life used to be and that made me feel sorrow.

Then, further down the street I see a bunch of people standing around something. I then began to hear them scream and it gets louder and louder as I get closer. I soon understand that it's a fight going on. It's actually normal in this area, the market where food and money can be stolen easily, but if you get caught the fight will begin.

I usually don't pay any attention to the fights, if I'm not involved, so I just walk by as normal, until I hear a familiar voice scream. I turn my head quickly and run towards the crowd, squeezing my way through all the people standing in my way. Now I can get a clear view of the fight.

"Isabel?" I say to myself as I see her laying on the ground with her face down. A man is standing beside her with a knife and it looks like he is about to kill her. The adrenaline in my body kicks in and without hesitation I sprint towards the man. Just when he is about to stab her I grab his arm and sweeps his feet, making him fall.

I turn to Isabel and she looks up at me pinching the man down with my knee on his shoulders and his arm on his back. I glance at her and see her bloody face. How could this happen? I was just gone for ten minutes..

I get up fast and grab Isabel and the two of us starts to run until we make it to a building, both hiding behind it. "Would you care to explain to me why you decided to pick a fight with someone four times bigger than you!" I ask furiously.