Chapter 2 - Paris

A/N: I miss my laptop so much, I'm suffering with the family laptop ><

Btw it's finally summer holiday here! (Well, actually I'm having vacation since I dropped out of college last year but nvm. I'll start working in about a month anyways.) Is school over for you guys where you live?

Anyways, the second chapter is here. I'm already feeling more organized with this posting schedule so it's going to stay like this for now!

.

'I think everything's packed' said Taehyun as he checked the saddle bag one last time. His mother stood next to him, securing the equipment on the horse and putting the small cat, Miette on his back.

'Don't forget these either' she handed Tae a paper bag full of cookies.

'Mom' whined Taehyun. 'The road to Paris is like a few days, not a month! How much food have you packed?'

[This was legit my mom when me and my class went on a three day trip. She packed so many band-aids and medicine and food that I had to tell her that I'm not going on a jungle survivor show just a three day hiking trip]

It was still early in the morning, the first rays of sunshine glowed up on the farm. Taehyun felt like this was the best day of his life. He couldn't wait to get to Paris, but he was also sad that he had to leave his mother.

'Will you be fine without me?' he turned to his mom.

'Don't worry about me, darling' smiled the short woman as she adjusted her blonde hair. 'There are all the family and people who help me around the farm. And also, there's always so much to do, I won't have time to overthink everything. But please update me every now and then' she said. Tae smiled and opened his arms, letting his mother hug him tightly before he would sit on Alexander's back and leave to Paris.

.

It took the young boy two days of riding to arrive to the big city. He travelled through villages, forests and other beautiful lands, which was fascinating to him, as he and his family didn't usually leave the farm, only in a few cases. He spent the night in the forest. He made a small fire then had his dinner which consisted of some bread and vegetables his mother packed. Then he made himself comfortable, knowing that Alexander and Miette are safe too and drifted off to sleep.

It was the next day. He was currently riding through an apple garden while munching on some cookies. He felt like he is already near Paris, but he couldn't see anything in front of him because of the many trees.

'Let's stop for a second' he mumbled. With a swift movement he stood up on Alexander's back and grabbed a tree branch above him. He pulled himself up and sat on the branch. He picked an apple and dropped it down for Alexander, then grabbed another one for himself. He swung one of his legs over the branch so he was straddling it and was about to bite into his apple when his eyes spotted something in the distance between the tree's branches.

'Oh my god, it's Paris!' he gasped excitedly. 'We are here, guys!' he grabbed the apple between his teeth and climbed down, then sat back on Alexander's back. The horse started galloping. 'Paris, here we go!' shouted Taehyun into the air and laughed. He could see the royal palace in the distance and many-many buildings.

He slowed down his horse as he entered the city. He was amazed. There were people everywhere. He'd never seen this many people in one place. Obviously, since he spent most of his life on the farm. The crowd was noisy and colorful. He wanted to take everything in as he turned his head left and right, fascinated by every small thing.

There were also shops, like clothing stores, grocery stores and a lot more. From his left delicious smell came from the direction of the bakery. On his right he could see two families interacting with each other. There were also many people in a rush, probably to work.

A woman on a horse came across him and smiled at him. Taehyun smiled back happily. He couldn't wait to discover everything the city has.

He spotted a small stable on the way. He knew from his mother that these stables were made for the citizens and travellers to leave their horses for a short time while they are doing what they came for. He jumped off of Alexander's back and went up to the stable boy.

'Hello!' he waved. 'I'm Taehyun! By any chance, do you have a free spot in the stable for my horse?' The stable boy looked back at him and smiled. He had a kind boxy smile and wavy black hair, wore a white shirt with a brown vest and brown pants with boots.

'Bonjour! We almost have the same name! I'm Taehyung, nice to meet you!' he grinned. Tae giggled as they shook hands. 'You're lucky, we have one empty spot. For how long do you need it?'

'Maybe a few days. I'm not sure yet' said Taehyun, handing over a few coins to Taehyung. 'I'll come back later when I can tell for sure. I came here to become a musketeer!'

'Really? That's amazing! Good luck with that!' smiled Taehyung cheerfully, taking the money. He took over Alexander from Taehyun while the younger grabbed his cat and his bag from the horse.

'His name's Alexander by the way' he added gesturing at the horse.

'He's beautiful. I can see that he's in a good condition and being loved' said Taehyung. 'Don't worry about him, I'll take care of him while you are in the castle.'

'You're the best! Thank you so much!'

'I'm just doing my job. Good luck!' smiled Taehyung and took Alexander inside.

.

A/N 2.0: Stuff will finally start happening in the next chapter :D Btw I got some cute Barbie pins on my bag yesterday uwu