26

YOU COULD HEAR THE SOUNDS OF SHIFTING AS YOUR SISTER MOVED AWAY FROM THE DOOR, the door then creaking open. She had no time to scurry back to her bedroom, and she'd been caught red handed by the man.

"Hey, brat, what're you doin?"

"Uh, walking around my apartment? Is that a problem?" You could tell she was trying to sound as confident as possible, but her voice wavered from nervousness.

"Yeah. It is. Cause it ain't your apartment. It's your mom's apartment."

"If that's the case, it's my sister's apartment. My mom doesn't pay anything for it to be called her apartment. Can you just leave me alone?"

"Are you recording?"

"No—!"

"Who do you plan to send this shit to, huh?"

You could hear the phone fall to the ground, and you'd seen the man's face clearly once he picked it up.

"Give me my phone! Mom!"

It'd seemed like your mother had turned the television volume up higher, drowning out the sounds of your sister screaming.

"Who do you plan to send—."

The video ended.

You sat there, staring at the play button. Several seconds went by in silence, a tense silence at that.

You couldn't tell if you were angry or scared. Angry that someone had the nerve to do something like that to your sister, or scared that something might've happened to her by the time you arrived.

Akiyama sat up and scooted over to give you your space, especially if you abruptly did something that could possibly hurt him because he was too close to you.

"What..." You trailed off. "What am I supposed to do?"

The three stayed silent, looking at each other to see who was going to answer first.

"I think we should call Hanma." Atsahi reached for his phone.

"Nah, that's dumb. What can he do if he's all the way in—." Akiyama cleared his throat. "He ain't in town, so there's nothin' he can do."

"He can talk to her for reassurance while we go to her apartment and check on everything."

"Well, s'up to Y/n." Akiyama placed his hand on your knee. "Whaddya feel like doin'?"

"Um..." You swallowed thickly. "I-I wanna go there, but I don't know if she's okay or if he's still there, something could've happened to her and I'm just here leaving her alone—."

"Calm down. S'not like ya knew that this was goin' on." He spoke. "Call Hanma, Atsahi."

"Mkay."

"How 'bout this? Ya did somethin' for me, so imma do somethin' for you. I swear on my... I-I swear on my eight inch monster cock and my fuckin' ballsack, I'll find that guy and beat his ass for ya!"

"How emotional." Atsahi said. "If you don't, I wanna do the honors of cutting it off because you're a point five inches bigger than me."

"What?"

"Oh, hi, Mr. Shuji! How are you on this lovely afternoon?"

"What do you want?"

"Well, Y/n is about to go psycho with the way she's just rocking back and forth like this, so we thought we should call you and let her talk to you while we leave. See, what happened was—."

"Put her on the phone."

"Yes, sir..."

Atsahi handed you the phone, which you took with shaky hands. You managed to let out a low 'hello?', Hanma's racing heart rate going down when he heard you speak.

"Baby? What's going on? Talk to me, tell me everything."

Even though he was speaking to you in the most comforting way possible—, and it was working, you couldn't exactly bring yourself to speak. It was like your words were stuck in your throat.

"You there? If you don't wanna talk about it, I understand. M'not gonna make you do something you don't wanna do. Just let me know you're still with me, okay?"

"Mhm..."

"Found it, we can go now." Akiyama said, sticking something in presumably his back pocket.

You immediately stood up, still holding the phone to your ear. His voice was comforting to you, telling you all the right things you needed to hear at that moment.

Although he didn't know anything about the current situation, he knew you and he knew how to handle you. Every word he uttered comforted you, and you'd been calmed down by the time you reached your apartment complex. It seemed as if his mere voice had a large effect on you for the better.

When Atsahi had parked the car, your heart rate increased. Your blood began to boil and your adrenaline started rushing, but all you muttered was a small 'sorry' in the phone before you dropped it on the seat and stormed out of the car. Akiyama followed behind you, not only wanting to fulfill his promise, but also keep you safe.

He followed you up the steps and inside, not missing how you dramatically opened the door, which led it to it hitting the wall roughly and making a loud thud sound. He'd admit, he flinched, but he wasn't scared of anything.

He was just hoping that guy would be in there so he could save his kids, that's all.

Soon, a light spread throughout the hallway as a door opened, and it happened to be none other than your mother. She'd been standing up straight and perfectly fine, but when she noticed you, she'd slouched her back a bit.

You narrowed your eyebrows, gesturing for Akiyama to follow you to her.

"What're you doing here all of a sudden...? And who's this? You've finally got you a new boyfriend?"

"Uh—, I ain't her boyfriend." He spoke.

"Why do you keep bringing random men in here?"

"Look, I'm not here to stay. It's come to my attention that there's been a problem in my apartment, so I've come to solve it. First of all, where's—."

"...Y/n?"

That familiar voice that'd removed all of your tension called out from down the hall.

You snapped your head in the direction of the voice, seeing your sister nervously standing there with her hand on the wall to presumably stabilize herself.

"Mei...?"