45

"YUA, THAT'S... NOT FUNNY." ATSAHI MUTTERED, BRINGING HIS KNEES UP TO HIS CHEST. She sighed lowly, leaning against his shoulder.

"Why would I lie, you idiot? He's laying in the hospital bed as we speak."

"Y-Yua, stop..."

"Atsahi!" She frowned. "Listen to me, dumbass! Your best friend, Yama, is in the hospital right now! His heart is pounding, his pulse is beating, his breathing is steady! Do you hear me?! He's not dead, he's not deceased, he is alive!"

"S-Swear to me, then!" His voice wavered as he looked down at her. She could see his eyes glistening, tears threatening to fall.

"Baby, I swear on my life. I would never joke about anything like that." She swore, her voice soft.

"S-So, you're telling me that he's not—?"

"Listen to me. He is fine. He's unconscious at the moment, being that he lost a lot of blood. But hey, you're the one who saved his life. You stopped his bleeding, didn't you?" She held his face, leaning forward to where her forehead pressed against his.

"I-I did...?"

"Yeah! That's what Y/n told me. I'm so~ proud of you, baby. Looks like you've learned a thing or two from being around me, huh?"

"Y-Yeah..." He looked down, attempting to hide his tears from his girlfriend. He didn't want to seem 'weak' in front of her.

However, he betrayed himself when he sniffled, even more tears coming down than before. She wrapped her arms around him, kissing his head.

"You did so good, Atsahi. I'm so proud of you for dealing with all of that. I bet it was overwhelming, but you got through it and managed to keep everyone alive. My boyfriend's so admirable, I love~ you." She reassured.

"I love you, too." He whispered

"We'll go see him tomorrow, okay?"

He nodded his head, quickly wiping his tears.

"S-Sorry. I don't... know what's going on. I'm n-not sure why it's... doing this."

She giggled. "What're you talking about? What is 'it'? Your body? You don't know why you're crying?"

"Yeah... I guess."

"Are you just embarrassed to cry in front of me?"

"...A little."

"I cry in front of you all the time."

He smiled. "That's... only when we f—."

"Not! Not true." She quickly cut him off.

"Or... or when it's so far down your throat that—."

"I cry during movies!"

"Yeah, because you're such a crybaby." He laughed, tears still falling from his eyes.

"I'm not—! I hate you, Atsahi." She pouted.

"Ah, I love you, Yua! I love you~, so much!" He suddenly tackled her on the ground, body shaking from his sobs.

She smiled softly, letting him cry in her chest as he pleased.

From the window, stood Hanma. He watched the two, confused about why they were so loud. He didn't exactly mind the loudness, being that Atsahi seemed happy at the moment. However, you were asleep. He didn't want anything to wake you. He was well aware of how exhausted you were.

All of the crying you'd done, he was sure you needed to sleep everything off.

Hanma sighed lowly before feeling a weight on his back. He slowly shifted his body, placing his large hands on your waist. He could feel you tug at his shirt, but you seemed to be done with all of the crying... for now at least. Despite not being overwhelmed by tears, the feeling of guilt continued. The pictures of Akiyama continued to replay in your head, and it made your chest tight.

Every single time.

"Y/n," Hanma called out.

You replied to him with a soft hum, lifting your head as you locked eyes with him. He hated that look in your eyes. He could see how pained you were, and it made him think that maybe, just maybe, if he hadn't attended the Toman meeting--, no, if he hadn't accepted Mercy--, or if he just left Kisaki alone ages ago, then he wouldn't have to see you like this.

Or, maybe if he hadn't gone for you in the first place.

It was true, you were one of the best things that had ever happened to Hanma, if not the best. Merely your presence was enough to uplift his spirits and completely shift his attitude. However, having you alongside him was causing pain for not only you, but for the people around you both.

Hanma wasn't exactly one to care about other people, so the feeling was new. He felt... sorry? That was the best way he could put it.

"...Do you still... wanna be together?"

"What--?" You questioned.

"I just... don't want you getting hurt because of me. I mean, the main threat is gone, but if anything, I'd rather want you to live a happy, normal life than to be in danger with me. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I let you get hurt."

"I'm living a happy life with you right now, Hanma. I love you. Please don't leave me. I don't wanna lose you, too." You whispered.

"If that's what you want, I'm not gonna ever leave you. Hear me?"

"Yeah..."

"That means you're stuck with me forever and ever and ever~." He drawled, picking you up as he spun you around.

You had been dropped on the bed, Hanma towering over you.

"Smile, baby."

"...I don't have it in me."

"What if... I get you another ring? Would you smile then?"

"I don't need a ring. I already have five."

"And one's our wedding ring." He leaned down to kiss your neck.

"We haven't even had a wedding yet."

"Do you want one?" He questioned. "I'll give you one. Make it real special, too. Our honeymoon's gonna be even better. Take you outta the country, how about that?"

You smiled, though, it was barely visible. "Doesn't matter. You're all I need anyway."

"Ah, there it is! There's that pretty smile!" He said. "C'mon, I know you can do better than that!"

"This is all I can give you. Take it or leave it."

"I'll take it."