Chapter XXXVIII

Thank you to WhiteCosmosPetal for this gorgeous fanart of Izuku's newest Hero costume!

Credit: https://whitecosmospetal.tumblr.com/

Ao3: https://archiveofourown.org/users/WhiteCosmosPetal/pseuds/WhiteCosmosPetal

Now onto the story!

Waking up the next morning was not a simple task, Izuku, having barely slept in the first place, was not a fan of the morning sun that shone into his eyes. And he was especially not happy when a rampant knocking came from his door.

Glaring lazily with hair that resembled a rat's nest, Izuku slowly trudged to the door, only to see Denki smiling brightly when he opened the door. "Woah, Izuku, didn't sleep well?" The blonde asked as he pushed Izuku back into his room, closing the door as he sat the man on his bed and grabbed his hairbrush from his nightstand.

"Not really, I had too much on my mind." Izuku yawned as Denki began to brush through the rat's nest.

"What were you thinking about? Something bad happen during work-study?" Denki questioned while Izuku shook his head.

"No, just when I got back to the dorms, Shoto and I ate dinner, and then when we were heading to bed, I smelled these really strong scents, but when I asked Shoto, he said that he didn't smell them and that it might've been because Sato baked something and it got stuck to his clothes. But for whatever reason, last night I couldn't stop thinking about it." Izuku explained, only to yelp when Denki tugged accidentally on his hair, the blonde immediately soothing the spot as he then turned Izuku around to look at him.

"Hold on. What did these scents smell like?! Were you so drawn to them you couldn't control yourself!?" Denki asked quickly while Izuku looked at his friend confused for a moment as he thought.

"I guess I kind of let my body lead me when I first smelled it, I didn't really notice I was moving until Shoto grabbed my shoulder and led me back to bed. And I don't really know how to describe the scents, I only got a brief whiff of them last night. And it might have been just because I was tired." Izuku stated only to shriek when Denki pulled him up smiling brightly.

"Izuku get dressed right now! We gotta go!" Denki cheered as he left the room for Izuku to change while the greenette stared after his friend dumbfounded.

"What just happened?" Izuku muttered as he went into his bathroom to get ready.

Once Izuku was downstairs, Denki was bouncing on his heels excitedly in front of the elevator, holding two muffins in his hands as he shoved on into Izuku's hand as he grabbed Izuku's free hand and led him into the kitchen.

"Jeez, Denki! What's got you so excited!?" Izuku asked as ate his muffin, Denki copying him before he spoke.

"Okay, do you smell those scents now?" Denki asked as he looked around the common area, half of the class all hanging out either watching TV, on their phones, or playing some card game.