v; jah

•                     •                     •

• • •

serenity eyes flickered opened, instantly being met with the bright sunlight. she squinted her eyes and blocked it with her hand. the woods-girl completely forgot where she was until she felt a poking in her back. she sat up from the bed and glanced down at a shirtless jahseh who was peacefully sleeping. deciding not to wake him up, she grabbed her phone from the charger and carefully slid out the bed.

she tapped on her phone and seen serveal missed calls and messages from her brother. serenity was gonna text him back, she just needed to order an uber home first. the light-skinned girl walked out the room and into the kitchen where a group of boys were eating mcdonald's. "damn ma." one of them whistled.

serenity furrowed her eyebrows, glancing down at her legs and gasping when she realized she had no pants on. the hoodie covered most her thigh so it wasn't a big deal but still she cringed. "shut up nigga." jahseh's voice spoke, walking into the kitchen and tossing serenity her jeans.

"thanks." serenity muttered, pulling the hoodie down more before turning around to walk back into jahseh's room. while she was putting back on her clothes, she heard loud music blasting from a car that just pulled up. the woods-girl looked out the window and saw her brothers car.

"shit!" serenity exclaimed, throwing the hoodie on his bed and bursting out the doors. she ignored jahseh's confused glance and practically ran out the house doors. and just in her luck, zo was standing exactly in front of the door. "the fuck you doing here ren?" her older-brother asked, sizing her up and down weirdly.

"it's a long story." serenity explained, trying to walk away but zo grabbed her by her forearm harshly. the woods-girl winced in pain but her brother kept his hold on her. "answer my question." he demanded through gritted teeth, tightening his hand. serenity tried to wiggle out but it was no use.

"let go of me!" she scoffed, pulling her arm toward her. zo ignored her and didn't release the hold, it was occasionally when he would get pissed off with her, but finding his little sister in a trap house filled with horny drug-addicts really pushed him over the edge. "why you with them niggas serenity?" zo asked, him using her first name meant he was really mad.

"you're hurting me alonzo, let go!" serenity shouted, pulling her arm hard enough to finally break free. as soon as this happened the front door opened revealing a tired-looking ski. "yo man, everything good?" he asked, glancing between the two siblings.

"nah, why my sister spent the night at yo crib vro?" zo wondered, stepping closer to the dread-head who furrowed his eyebrows. ski didn't know of her staying over, but he noticed the pleading look on serenity's face and sighed. "it wasn't like that vro, she was scared to walk home alone at night so i let her crash on the couch, i made sure no body touch her." ski lied.