Chapter 3: Drive

I was staring at the children playing patintero in front of me. They look so happy and laughing, and I wish I'm still a six year old child playing with friends.

Right. Friends.

Sira na ang araw ko at mas lalo pa itong nasira nang makita ko si Dani na naglalakad patungo sa jeep niya. Her her tousled hair, and her tall figure is driving me crazy— in annoying way.

Nabangga niya ang isang bata at umiyak ito. This woman always have a hobby of bumping anything including me. Ilang beses na n'yang nabangga ang balikat ko.

Dani wiped the girl's tears with her shirt and I look away when she lifted her shirt, revealing her toned abs. The sight caught me off guard. It's so frustrating to see how effortlessly fit she was.

I still remember touching it three months ago, and it was so soft. Why am I feeling like this?

"If I don't know you, I can tell you're crushing on Danielle Fedel," sabi ng katabi ko. I rolled my eyes at Janna and face her.

She's busy fixing her makeup and use her phone as mirror.

"I'm staring at her with daggers." That woman stole my boyfriend and kissed him in front of me. "She stole Chase from me!"

Now, it's Janna's turn to roll her eyes. "As if naman may pake ka. You know Chase did that because he had bet with his friends, and this is his way of breaking up with you," she explained.

She's right. I cried for the sake of people filiming them, especially me. Atleast right now, people pity me and sided with me. I broke up with him earlier and he seemed like he didn't care at all.

Chase happens to be in my way and admits he likes me, I wanted company so I accepted him. I grow fond of him because he's a funny guy, but it's not enough to make me want someone.

Dani's trying to get back at me. After what I did to her, but we both know what I did was the right thing. I can't have people judging me and my family. I can't have my Dad be disappointed in me. So, I hid to her on what happened between us three months ago.

My whole life, I never really knew kung sino ang pipiliin ko. Ang sarili ko o ang pamilya ko. I'm struggling to express myself and just follow whatever my Dad tells me to do.

When my mom died, all she left in me is a responsibility. To take care of my Dad. To make him happy by winning as a Mayor. To make him achieve his dreams.

But... what about my dreams?

I don't have plans for myself. My friends and relatives asks me about my goals I set for myself in the future without knowing I always feel surprise when I even make it to my birthday because I'm supposed to be gone years ago.

Everyday feels like a punishment.

"Hello, are you even listening to me?" I shake my head and look at Janna who's staring at me with confused expression. "Why do you kept staring at Danielle?"

"I'm not!" I denied, and stole a quick glance at Dani who's now petting a stray cat who came out from the bush. "She just looks ugly," I add, can't help but smiled a little when the cat jumped to her and she shouted.

"Sama ka sa house party tonight, okay? Darcy will be there. He missed you..."

Ngumiti ako at the mention of Darcy's name. Finally, he's home, and he'll be studying here.

"Luna will be there, too. Dito na rin siya mag-aaral."

I sighed deeply. Luna. I've never seen her for two years. I miss her so much. It's nice that she's back.