CHAPTER XX - Game Plan

"Rise and shine, idiots! And Fiona!" Elfianna yelled. Ville let out a loud sigh as he rose up from his bed. Magnifique lifted up aswell.

"Ugh! Did you have to wake me– AH!" Magnifique interrupted herself.

"Woah what's the matter, Maggs?" Ville asked. He seemed more concerned than he should have been.

"Uhm, nothing. It's fine." Magnifique answered flatly. She got up and covered her face with her hands as she walked over to the bathroom.

"What's her deal?" Joney asked while yawning. "She seemed flustered." I rose up from my bed aswell.

"That could only mean one thing...Magnifique has a crush!" Elfianna joked.

"Ah shut up, Elfianna! Who would she have a crush on?" Joney responded. Ville raised his eyebrows.

"You forgot how amazingly handsome I am!" He shouted.

"Yeah, yeah, you're about as handsome as the piece of gum I found under my bed!" Joney laughed.

"You're also younger than her, have you seen how picky Magnifique is?" Joney said. Ville sighed and layed back down.

"I can hear all you idiots in here! I don't have a crush!" Magnifique shouted from the next room.

"What do we expect to do? Their just going to take us back like they did when Cherie, Elfianna, Magnifique, and Ville escaped." Joney asked. After she spoke, a knock came from the door. I walked over to the door and opened it. To my surprise, there wasnt anybody or anything at the door, until I looked down. I saw a box tied up neatly with a bow.

"Whats that?" Yon asked from under the covers.

"I-I dont know." I answered. I walked over to my bed and sat down on the mattress.

"Magnifique! Get out here, something was delivered!" Joney yelled. Magnifique came out of the bathroom and sat next to me. I untied the ribbon and threw it next to me. I opened the box where I saw a piece of lined paper.

"A note. It's a note!" Magnifique yelled in excitement. I unwrapped the paper and began reading,

"Everybody loves a good game, especially when you can earn fame. Sadly not everybody can have a place, so one of you must be bumped out of your place." I read.

"A riddle, what does it mean?" I asked.

"Bumped out of your place? What does that mean, somebody wants to play monopoly with us?" Magnifique asked.

"How would we win fame?" Joney asked.

"Stop it with the questions, the obvious thing to do would be to understand piece by piece." Elfianna said.

"The game part makes sense, we play a game but you know, in real life." She said right after.

"Fame? We're working with an evil queen here so maybe we'd earn royalty?" Ville guested.

"That makes perfect sense! You're a genius, Ville!" Magnifique shouted in excitement. Ville covered his face and layed back down.

"Next part is easy since we figured out the second part, not everybody can be crowned as royalty so not everybody gets a spot." Elfianna said.

"Then... what does it mean by ''bumped out of place?" Magnifique asked nervously.

"We figured out we're dealing with real life so... worst case scenario, it means one of us dies." I said in a low voice. Everybody's expression went blank.

"We-we've outran death before! We can do it again! ... can't we?" Magnifique yelled. "Come on! We can't give up that easily!"

"I don't think we can this time, Maggs." Ville said.

"Who is least helpful to the group?" Elfianna asked.

"C'mon, Annie, don't do it that way." Ville said in a serious tone.

"Well then how, Ville? One of us is going to die, that's the harsh truth." Elfianna said.

"Guys, stop. We need to find where this game would be located." Magnifique said.

"Somewhere in the forest? That seems like a good place for a life or death situation." Ville snickered. Everybody looked at him with a disgusted look. "Too soon.

"Well if he says the forest, let's go." Elfianna said. We walked outside of the room. Everybody rushed down the stairs and to the forest.

"Deeper in the forest, maybe?" Ville questioned.

"Yeah about that, genius, I dont think it's in this forest-" Elfianna was interrupted. "Do you guys notice the ground sinking?"

"Nope, just you." Magnifique said. I noticed Elfianna getting shorter and shorter by the second. Next thing I knew, Elfianna was falling through the ground itself.

"Annie!" Ville yelled. Elfianna groaned.

"Ugh... where am I?" She muttered. Ville sat down with his legs hanging into the hole. He jumped cautiously.

"Ow!" He shouted.

"Don't be such a wuss, Ville." Elfianna said. "Hey guys? Come down here, I found something!' She yelled. I jumped down and tumbled near a stone wall. The others followed. Elfianna helped Fiona jump down to safety.

"Look at this, a door. Should we open it or..." Elfianna asked. Ville shrugged and turned the knob. There was a room with marble tile floor behind the door.

"Wow, how scary is that, dirty tile." Ville said sarcastically. I stepped in carefully.

"Guys? These tiles are different. Some are tinted red." I said.

"What's that mean? Their evil?" Ville asked. I shrugged. I walked carefully on the untinted tiles. The wall flashed, +1 POINT C."

"What does that mean?" Ville asked.

"This is a game, the game probably is who can make it to the end with the most points." I responded.

"What if you make the least points?" He asked.

"Not sure,"I replied.

"Well, let's get playing."