CHAPTER XXIII - My Old Home

"Annie, it's time to go." Ville told Elfianna. Ville crouched down and put his hand on her knee.

"Seriously, we have to go." He repeated. Elfianna lifted herself up and walked into the next. She glanced at Fiona's lifeless body but kept herself together and kept walking. The next room was just a ladder leading up to the forest. I climbed up and then waited for the rest.

"Where do you guys plan on going next? The queen or her minions should be here any second now." Josiah asked.

"The smartest thing to do would be to go to a house, got any family members?" He added. Elfianna raised her hand,

"I do." She said flatly.

"Yeah, Elfianna's house! Her parents are nice... and I don't think they've heard the news..." Magnifique quickly ended.

"I know the address, Crest isn't far from here." I said. Josiah shrugged and followed me. We walked until we got to where it all began, Crest Village. I went up to the front door and knocked. A kind faced woman answered the door.

"Cherilette... are Fiona and Elfianna with you?" She asked me nervously. She motioned for me to step in and I did.

"Well... Elfianna is. Fiona isn't." I told her slowly. The rest of the group followed inside and Elfianna stepped up to her mother.

"Mom, Fiona is dead." She stated. She didn't have emotion on her face like the life was pulled out of her. Her mother looked like she was pulled from the dead.

"No, no. That's wrong. Those people wouldn't do that. Not even Queen L." Her mother muttered.

"Queen Lavender? You know? How do you know...?" Elfianna asked slowly.

"Oh nevermind that dear, I'll get your father." Her mother responded quickly. Elfianna stepped closer to her mother.

"No, not nevermind that! How do you know about her? You know the castle, don't you?" Elfianna said angrily. "Why do you know?"

"You want to know? I know her because I used to be trapped there. Raising you–let alone being related to you– was the biggest risk I could've taken." Her mother said, barely crying.

"Why'd you let me leave that night? It's your fault my sister is dead, yours!" Elfianna yelled. Her mother gently pushed her outside of the house. She gave a kind smile and closed the door. Elfianna stood on the doorstep, watching the door.

"W-we can go to my house." I said. I began walking and the others followed. Elfianna followed at the back of the group. I opened the door to my house. I looked around my house, feeling how I've missed this place I once called home. I'd called home that horrible castle for 2 years now.

"Home..." I whispered to myself. I found myself looking to where this all began, how I started off as a 14 year old orphan. I now find myself a 16 year old with better friends than I ever could have asked for.

"Where are we sleeping? Place looks abandoned." Ville said.

"I have sleeping bags in the other room, follow me upstairs." I told everybody. I walked upstairs and showed them to my room. I pulled out sleeping bags.

"We should sleep, we deserve it after that fiasco." Ville said quietly. Everybody layed down and went to sleep.