Chapter 36: Come Back To Me

(Kurt POV)

I was scrubbing at the dried blood on my hands. The memories kept flashing in my mind.

"Blaine!"

The image of Blaine lying on the ground continued to haunt me, it's my fault, it's all my fault!

"Blaine! Blaine no!"

I continued scrubbing but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get the blood off my hands, Blaine's blood...

"Blaine please! Please stay with me!"

I went to a vacant stall to change but I just ended up crawling into a corner and crying.

I finally came out of the bathroom in the clothes Finn bought for me, I made a mental reminder to thank him again.

"Feeling a bit better?" Finn asked

"I'll feel better once Blaine is okay." I said reaching into my pocket to pull out my phone.

I had to call Blaine's parents and tell them, I've never really been on his dad's good side but his mom was really sweet, so I was terrified to tell her.

After three agonizing rings I heard his mother's voice.

"Hello?"

"P-Pam hi, it's Kurt..."

"Kurt hi, how have you been?"

"Um...actually Pam that's what I'm here to talk to you about...I'm at the hospital and Bl-" My breath hitched

"Kurt, honey what's wrong?"

"It's...it's Blaine..." My voice began trembling, how can I tell a mother that her child has been shot and may die...

"Kurt what's going on?"

"Blaine's been shot Pam..." I finally said. I could hear Pam starting to cry.

"I'm on my way!" She hung up and I clutched the phone.

"Kurt!" I looked up and saw everyone from Glee including Mr. Shue.

I immediately ran to Mercedes and started to cry again, Brittany then gave me a hug.

"I'm sorry Unicorn..."

"We're so sorry Kurt." Tina said hugging me.

"It's like a horrible nightmare that I can't wake up from..." I said after finally sitting down.

"What happened?" Rachel asked

"Blaine and I just went out for a date, we got coffee and then took a walk around town, and that's when Karofsky and his posse found us...I was the target not Blaine! It should have been me!"

"Kurt you've gotta stop saying that." Finn said.

"I say we band together and find the son of a bitch!" Puck said

"I'm down. Us football dudes?" Sam asked.

"I'm going too!" Santana said, "Auntie Snixx just dropped by for a visit."

"Okay us, football dudes and Santana."

"You guys are gonna have to go without me. I can't leave Kurt like this." Finn said

"Understandable." Mike nodded

"Please be careful guys."

Puck nodded and quickly kissed Quinn before walking out the door.

Pamela and William Anderson, Blaine's parents came running in through the door. Pamela pulled me into a hug.

"I'm so sorry I let this happen."

"Kurt this is not your fault, Blaine has always been the type to take a bullet. I just didn't think he would actually take a bullet." Pam cried into her palm, the lady at the front desk gave her a box of tissues.

"Thank you..."

"I'm sure everything will be fine. Our Blaine's a fighter." William said resting his hand on her shoulder.

"Yes he is."

William walked up to me and rested his hands on my shoulders.

"I'm-I'm glad you were there with him." I could see his eyes start to tear up.

"I-I'll always be with him..." I said trying not to cry.

Time went by, I honestly don't know how long it's been, it feels like it's been hours, then finally.

"Blaine Anderson's family?" A female doctor came in and we all stood out of our chairs, well except for Artie and Quinn. The doctor looked confused.

"We-we're Blaine's parents." Pamela said

"Oh good." She said.

"Blaine's surgery was successful, we almost lost him on the table-"

"Oh god..." I said

"Almost, he's a fighter, that one. He's alive and will recover, he just needs lots of rest."

"When can we see him?" William asked.

"He's resting right now and may be very tired due to the painkillers, but you can see him whenever you want, I suggest family only for now."

"Thank you..." William said

"Room 206 whenever you're ready."

"Thank you." Pam said and gestured for me to follow them.

"Sh-she said family only."

"Kurt, you are family now. You're important to Blaine, which makes you important to us." She gently smiled, I quickly pulled her into a hug.

"Thank you..." my voice was horse.

"Come on sweetie."

Pam opened the door and let me in first. Blaine lay in the bed; he had an oxygen cannula in his nose to help him breathe. He looked so fragile and hurt that I could hardly stand it.

I sat next to him; I grabbed his hand and gently kissed it.

"Please, Blaine..." I cried

"Please come back to me."