Chapter 14

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 🏠 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 🏠 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

Miroh Apartments
9:35am

In contrast to Chan's worries, the sun shone so bright that morning, dazzling Chan's crusty eyes as he slid down from the bed. Naked. Cellphone in hand and heart racing when the smaller frame behind could be detected moving, by a dip in the mattress.

"Morning Channie," Felix's voice expectedly soothed near Chan's shoulder, stretching his arms with a subtle yawn, followed by a somewhat accomplished grin on his face: Chan had stayed for the night.

For the first time, in too damn long, Felix could awake with a contented conscience due to the fact that his sexual partner hadn't scurried off after their carnal endeavor.

"How'd you sleep?" He smacked his tongue, leaning forward to hug Chan from behind, and hopefully nuzzle his tired face into the elder's warm neck whilst at it. But no, Felix frowned, instead. The optimistic rise upholding his shoulders dropped, eyebrows furrowed, and heartbeats quickened.

"Is something wrong?" He mumbled, but Chan only stood abruptly after nudging the younger back from his frame. So mindlessly, with no regard to Felix's feelings, at that moment. "Don't you--" Felix swallowed a lump in his throat, reflexively bringing the blanket to his chest, feeling so exposed, all of a sudden, "don't you want to stay for breakfast--"

"This isn't," Chan paused, breaths distanced from his troublingly hasty movements; pulling on the pieces of clothing drunkenly discarded mere hours past, "this isn't anything-- anything to be-- this wasn't supposed to happen, Felix. I'm sorry," he pulled the shirt on, followed by the jacket, "I'm sorry for going so far with you, and I'm sure that you feel the same," the belt; buckled, "I'm so fucking sorry, Felix. But we'd talk again soon, alright? I really really really," the second sneaker; he didn't bother to tighten their laces, "have to go now."

"But, why?" Felix asked, stealing the chance to slide on his own pair of boxers and a loose T-shirt when Chan appeared too focussed on his steps toward the front door, as opposed to the nearly-attached blond pleading for some form of additional comfort behind.

Not that Felix wasn't used to it.

Not that he hadn't grown accustomed to being adored for sexual pleasure then packed aside for later use in his still young life but, he had some form of hope for Chan. It had just been one night, yes, but through his inebriated mind, he could have sworn to hearing Bang Chan say something along the lines of loving him.

And yes, it could have been an "in the moment" adhered-to impulse, right? Perhaps so...

Most likely so.