𝑋𝐼𝐼

SANTANA'S POV

"Did you really say that?" Em asks, bursting out laughing.

"I swear! He's a Spanish teacher but he can't even speak the language. It's only fair that I correct him, I'm not going to let him humiliate my origins!" I don't know how long we've been exchanging, but after leaving the pool we headed for the place and my smile hasn't left my face since.

"I'd know who to call now if I had a Spanish homework assignment I didn't understand." When she tells me this, my smile widens even more. It means she wants to keep in touch with me.

"You call me whenever you want. But if I do your Spanish homework, you do my math homework! I hate math!" I don't understand anything when Quinn explains formulas to me....

"With pleasure." After this long discussion, a peaceful silence settled between us. I look at her, admiring nature and notice how close we are. Our hands are almost touching. I want to take her hand. And as if she'd read my mind, she took my hand and lay down on her back, eyes closed. It didn't take me long to do the same. Her hands are so soft... And my heart is beating so fast... "I love listening to the birds sing," I open my eyes and look at her again. "And you?" I smile at that. Seeing that I don't answer, she continues. "I know it sounds really cliché or like I'm taking on a character from a novel, but I find it really soothing." She opens her eyes in turn and looks at me. "Nature is full of surprises, but it's really beautiful." Shit, I'm not listening to what she's saying anymore, just hearing my irregular heartbeat. Is it wrong if I want to kiss her? Because that's what I'm about to do. I approach her gently and our lips touch. I feel the fireworks that horny teens talk about in series. Not letting go of her hand, I use the other to place it on her jaw and accentuate our kiss. With our eyes closed, she opens her mouth and I insert my tongue to touch hers. She kisses like a goddess, seriously, what doesn't she know how to do?

Suddenly, we hear a creak and separate.

It must be Sam.

We're all embarrassed, so we don't speak and wait for the blonde to come, but after a few seconds he's still not there, so I decide to stand up.

"Sam?" I call to him. "It's okay, we know it's you, come on. I hope you brought your guitar because apparently Em can play a song."

"Stop twisting my words." She laughs. "I only know how to do a few chords my friend taught me." She gets up in turn, but Sam still doesn't join us.

"What the hell are you doing, seriously?"

"Maybe it's just an animal..." She said. She looks very uncomfortable all of a sudden." I think we should head back to the camp, it'll be time for dinner soon."

"Grouper mouth is really freaking you out right now?" I laugh. "It's true I'd be afraid he'd gobble me up with his big lips."

"I found your nickname, Sam. Cheep Cheep. What do you think, Em?" I turn to her but she still looks uncomfortable. "Are you okay?"

"Let's go, San." She takes my hand and leads me.

"What's going on?" I look back and see a shadow. "Joder. What was that?"

"Hurry up." Maybe it's not Sam after all. Maybe it's one of the girls' jokes. In any case, it's successful, it's creepy, even if I'd never admit it.

We headed for the canteen where most of the girls were waiting out front, it was about to open.

I turn to Em but she's looking at the floor, I want to crush the bastard who did this for making her so anxious.

_

At the table, it was quiet. V was complaining about the girl she'd had an argument with earlier, and Brittany had gone off to eat with some swimmers she'd made friends with.

Maybe Em was thinking about her friend who died last year? Or maybe she'd been in a similar situation? In any case, I hope not.

After dinner, my roommates and I took Em back to her cabin and said good night. She smiled, a forced smile I noticed. Betty gave her a hug and I held her hand as the girls turned around.

After I left her, I couldn't stop thinking about our beautiful kiss. It was so hot and sweet at the same time.

"I hope the end of the camp goes like this, free quarter all week." Says Betty.

"But it's so boring. There's nothing to do here, the activities we do are hiking, board games or that crap game we did at the beginning." Veronica complains again. "I'd like to get out." And then an idea came to me.

"Let's go out then! I don't know, a bar or something." I say but V laughs sarcastically.

"Go out with what? On foot in some fields maybe?"

"No of course not. I know a guy here who can get us out."

"A guy? You mean the janitor? Apart from him I haven't seen anyone." Betty intervenes.

"Don't you worry. Get ready, I'll be back." I exit the cabin and cautiously head for the pools. I know Sam cleans them in the evening. Hell I hope he's not the one who scared Em earlier.