𝑋𝑋

EMILY'S POV

This afternoon, we went tree climbing and it was great fun. Santana and I got really close and I loved every moment of it.

Tonight, Coach Fulton and Sylvester have planned a fire camp party. I hope we can put on some music or eat marshmallows. I've never had the chance to do that, and I'm glad to be able to do it with San.

"Loosers!" Cheerleading coach practically shouts. "You'll be two per tent. Make your groups and write them down on this paper with your tent number." I immediately turn to Santana and she too turns to me.

"Shall we get together?" She asks and I smile widely. I'm sure I must look like an idiot.

"Sure." I nod. I want to take her hand. As soon as I'm about to, Paige approaches us and I can see Santana beside me sighing in annoyance. She's jealous and I think it's so cute.

"Hey um... I guess you already have your partner?" The swimmer asks and I nod with a sorry smile.

"Sorry."

"That's okay." She smiles and leaves.

"This Paige shit is getting on my nerves." Santana says and I smile harder.

"Don't worry, I'm going to ask you out on a date, not her." I tell her and she smirks.

"I can't wait." She takes my hand and ogles me. I put my hand on her chin to lift her face.

"Pervert." I laugh.

_

This evening, we were able to eat outside, around a log fire with some music. Some cheerleaders managed to convince the two coaches to put on their music, and it's all the better for it.

I'm sitting on a bench between San and Veronica. We've just finished eating and a few girls are dancing.

"Where's Betty?" I ask Veronica.

"In her tent." She replies, watching the breezes from the fire.

"Is she okay?" I ask her again.

"She's tired, I think." She answers and I nod.

I turn to San, who has had her hand on my thigh for a while. This girl is such a tease. I lean into her ear and whisper.

"How about our date tonight?" She turns to me, her head very close to mine, our lips about to touch. I can feel her breath on mine.

"I see I'm intruding." At the same moment, V stands up, and San and I gently pull apart. "See ya." She says and leaves. I turn to San.

"Is she all right?" I ask her, a little worried.

"She and Betty had a little interaction earlier. I don't know what happened specifically." She answers and I sigh. I hope their little spat only lasts for tonight. "Anyway, that means our date is happening right now." San tells me in a flirty tone, putting her hand on my cheek. I just want to kiss her, but not in front of everyone, especially since there are the coaches. They'll be able to separate us from the tents if they see us kissing. I stand up, offer her my hand and she takes it, standing up in turn with her little teasing smile. "I'll let you take the lead, baby." I love it when she calls me baby. We walk to a place a little remote, not too much either to have some light from the camp. We don't even have time to sit somewhere that I take the initiative to kiss her, putting my hands on her cheeks while she instinctively puts her hands around my hips. "Impatient." She whispers between two kisses and I can't help but smile. I like the way she kisses me and the way she hugs me when she does. As if she was afraid I would leave. Her kisses get something in my heart, it's inexplicable. It hurts me with happiness.

After a few minutes of kissing, I look at her lovingly.

"Will you sing me a song?" I ask her and she laughs.

"What? Seriously? We were making out and you're thinking about me singing you a song?" She asks, laughing softly and I nod.

"Please..." I whisper against her lips.

"Alright, alright."