LAST MOMENTS: BERLIN X READER P.2

"Berlin!" You yelled. "Come on!" Everyone was escaping the royal mint. "Berlin!" Berlin looked back at you.

"Go!" He yelled at you. "I'll stay back and hold them back!"

"No! You can't do that!" You screamed. Helsinki grabbed you from behind and began carrying you into the tunnel. "BERLIN!" Berlin gave you a sad smile and turned away. "BERLIN!" You lose sight of him. You began to struggle and kick but Helinski won't let you down. "Stop!" You begged him. "Stop! Please! We have to go back for him! Please Helsinki!" But Helsinki didn't stop. "Fuck!" You yelled. "Fuck!"

~~~~~~

When you finally reached the end of the tunnel Helsinki put you down.

"Where's Berlin?" The professor asked. Helsinki shook his head.

"He stayed back to make sure we got through." He told the professor.

"No!" The professor said. He grabbed a walkie talkie off the table. "Andrés!"

"Ah, Sergio." Berlin's voice came out of the walkie talkie.

"Andrés, are you stupid?" The professor asked. "Get back here! Now!"

"I'm sorry Sergio." Berlin said. You could faintly hear gun fire. "I'm pinned down."

"You have to hurry!" The professor said. "Please!" Tears came to his eyes, like yours, and fell down his face. Please get out of the mint. Please get out safely. You thought.

"It was nice knowing you Sergio." Berlin said. "Helinski, blow the tunnel."

"No!" You yelled, running at Helsinki. But it was too late. You stopped in your tracks as the tunnel blew. The line went dead. And so did Berlin. You sank to your knees, tears coming down in rivers across your face. No... no, he can't be dead... he can't be... You thought. You yelled his name, even though you knew he was dead. You remembered every moment you spent with him. Every single one.

"BERLIN!"

Even 'till the end.

"Stop! Please! We have to go back for him!"

Always.

"Please Helsinki!"

But no new memories would come. And every memory of him would lead to him. To Berlin's last moments. His final breath.

"BERLIN!" You yelled again. Nothing. You didn't expect anything. He was dead after all. And he wasn't coming back.