LONG LOST LOVE: PALERMO X FEM READER P.2

"Did you do it?" you asked.

Palermo nodded, "I did. It went well, I think."

"What do you mean you think?"

"Well I apologized and he said 'thanks for apologizing, that makes me feel a lot better' or something like that, then he walked away." 

"And how did you apologize?" you asked.

"The same way I apologized to you," said Palermo. "I admitted I made a mistake and I didn't have a reason to have done it."

"So you just copy and pasted your apology for me?" you said. 

"But it was the truth," said Palermo. "Both of those apologies were the truth. They came from the heart. I promise. Please believe me."

Well, he wasn't lying. That much you could tell.

"Why do you suddenly want to make amends?" you asked. 

There was no response.

"Palermo, you kissed one of our friends while we were still dating years ago," you said. "And you told me that you regretted it."

"I didn't know where to find you,"

"You knew my address," you said. "And if I moved, The Professor would have known where I lived."

"So you dated Sergio after we broke up?"

"No," you said. "He's my friend. He was my only real friend before this heist. Ever since Andres died."

"So I didn't count?" Palermo asked, hurt.

"You stopped counting when you made that decision to kiss Andres!" 

You looked at your watch, "We have to go. The Professor said we'd be leaving soon. You better be ready."

The entrance went smoothly, the doors were sealed, none of the hostages got out, and no one got shot or killed. Sergio had put Palermo in charge — you still had no idea why he didn't choose you — and he was currently making a speech. You could hear it echoing through the empty halls as you checked rooms for hidden people with Bogota and Marsella. 

"No one here," called Bogota as he walked out of a bathroom. 

"No one's in the office," said Marsella. 

"Is that it?" you asked. 

"Yeah, let's head back." 

When you got back to the lobby, everyone was wearing the same red jumpsuit and Dali mask. The only way you could discern the hostages from your crew were the guns. A masked Nairobi was ordering hostages to help her open the gold vault. Soon, a group of people was following her away. The hostages were told to sit down and they obeyed. Palermo ordered a few of the crew to keep watch over them.  The rest fanned out, patrolling around the bank. You were alone in a hallway when your city name was called out.

"C/n!" yelled Palermo, running up to you.

You sighed, "What do you want, Palermo?"

"Am I forgiven?" he asked. "Do you accept my apology? Do you accept me?"

The last part caught you off guard.

"Martí — Palermo — why would I not accept you?" you asked. "I wouldn't want you in my house or my life after that happened but I wouldn't not accept you. Where'd you ever get that idea?"

"You didn't want to see me again," said Palermo.

"You cheated on me," 

"Look, I'm so sorry about that," Palermo pleaded. "You didn't deserve to go through that. I'm so so sorry. Please forgive me."