| Side Story 1 |: Picture Perfect Happiness

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 : Some of you got pretty attached to Kazuya (the founder of the Kaedehara Clan in this story; not canon), so I decided to write a short side story featuring his older self hehe.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Kazuya was going to get married today. Anyone would be happy on the day of such an occasion, but he couldn't stop himself from feeling wistful at the thought of starting a family without (y/n) by his side. The woman who unconditionally loved him without her realising it. Even if she didn't think she did, she raised him with a great deal of care when he lost his family.

Family...

The word suddenly made him think - did she have a family of her own? She rarely spoke about her past to him, but he wasn't oblivious to the loneliness that she was suffering from. He hoped that he at least was able to make her feel less lonely, even if only by a little bit, before time froze for her.

Kazuya was snapped out of his thoughts when one of his servants called for him, bearing news of the painting that he commissioned an artist to make for his wedding day two weeks ago. Kazuya then ordered him to bring the painting inside his room, and the male servant entered with his head bowed respectfully.

"Kazuya-sama, here is the painting that you commissioned," he said.

"Leave it here," Kazuya uttered, and his servant promptly set it on his desk in front of him before leaving. Kazuya let out a soft sigh as he stared the portrait sadly.

It was a portrait of (y/n). Kazuya ensured that the artist would be able to draw her as accurately as possible by describing her down to every detail, and he made sure to emphasise on the golden crescent moons in her (e/c) eyes. She wasn't smiling in the portrait, but that's alright, he thought to himself; Kazuya didn't think that anyone would be able to capture the gentle smile she wore on that fateful day.

He was planning to hang it up in his wedding venue to make it seem as if she was there to witness one of the happiest moments in his life. It was just an illusion he decided to create to fool himself, but it was an illusion that would fill the void in his heart for a fleeting moment whenever he gazes upon the painting. He then placed a hand over his eyes as he drew in a shaky breath.

"I wish you were here with me," Kazuya murmured with a single tear running down his cheek.