Chapter 57. Ultimatum

'Cat?'

She ignored me. 'You're beautiful today.' She pushed open the door of the hallway and slammed it shut behind me. Great, I thought. Everyone hates me. Cat hates me, Dash hates me, my fellow Autobots hates me and the humans think I am a jerk. I pushed open the door she disappeared in. No one wants to talk to me anymore. Everything was going perfectly. Cat and I were building up a life. I finally had her back and she trusted me. How do I ever get her trust back?

I headed back to my office and sat down. There was a lot of work waiting for me. The piles were high and depressing. I slumped back in the office chair, staring at the pile for a couple of minutes. If Cat would be here, she would've helped me with it, reducing the piles to a less depressing size. I reached for some case files. It's just a lot of reading and marking.

I was slightly surprised to see her walking in two hours later because I am sure she would've done anything to avoid me. She grabbed a couple of files and didn't glance at me. 'You told me I should pick someone, right?' She still didn't respond. I got up and blocked the doorway. 'I chose you, I want you,' I stated. She snorted and shook her head before turning around. 'Yeah, we'll... you're a little too late for that, Mirage. I told you this days ago and you ignored it so... we are done.' She tried to pass me. 'Give a change.' She laughed coldly. 'A second change? This would be your fourth change. I have given you so many changes. Not just now but also in the past and you keep making stupid mistakes.'

'But so do you! I never gave up on you,' I said. I really tried ti stay calm. If I get mad or start snapping, she'll probably beat the hell out of me and leaves before the sunrises tomorrow. 'You just don't seem to understand what it's like for me. You want kids, you know that I don't want kids, plus I can't have kids, secondly, you're kissing that glitch, because apparently she's your stupid childhood love. You completely forgot about me while you knew how much I depend on you. You know that I have always been afraid to lose what we had. To lose you.'

She took a deep breath. Her eyes became teary again. I didn't just piss her off, I deeply hurt her feelings. 'You've no idea how much I regret what I did. Everything I've put you through, everything I said... it was a mistake. I love you so incredible much. I don't know what it is like to live without you. So, please... give me another change.' She stared at me for a very long time. Her eyes drilling into mine, straight through my soul. She tried to read me. 'Well, if you're serious about it... I want you to break your friendship with Dash, hate her and never talk to her again unless it's I'm battle. Keep in mind that if she's in distress and I am there to help her... I will let her die. Simply because I hate her so deeply much, that I want her to suffer and die. I don't care about your feelings at this point. You never told me about her so she's dead for me. If I ever find out, you've been cheating behind my back, I will make a deal with Megatron and I will guarantee you, that you're not lucky either.'

I gulped. 'I want you to tell her, that you hate her, that are disgusted by her and you've always loved me and saw her more as a stupid toy.' I slightly tilted my head. 'I can't say that to her,' I said. 'I guess that we don't have a deal then.' She pushed me aside. 'Cat, come on...' I followed her. 'You can trust me. Just... don't make me do this,' I said. She halted and turned around. 'You said you love me? That you want me back, then this exactly what you're going to say and do. You wouldn't like it if I take hands in own matter, right? Next time I attempt to kill her, I will succeed. Autobot or not, she will suffer and she will die, even if I have to make a deal with Megatron. You got that? So I am gonna ask you again... do you love me, or not?'

'I do, but—'

'Good, then make it happen. If you told her what I said, we will talk further and I am willing to give you a fifth change. Until then... you're dead to me. This is my only condition,' she sulked before walking off. This is not good. How can I get some sense into her? 

((Cat's P.O.V))
I stared at Dash. She's dead for me. The hate I have towards her is even worse then the hate I have to the people who've hurt me. She tried to take away the one thing I loved and wanted the most. She won't ever try to do that again. Mirage is too soft to say it. I know he's not going to tell her that. I've already been planning on how I can murder her. Make it look like an accident. She will suffer and experience fear. She won't ever lay one digit on Mirage again.

'Cat.'

Ironhide laid his hand on my shoulder but I stepped away. 'You're okay?' I nodded. 'Yes.' I mustered a smile on my face. 'Why are you looking at her?' He pointed at Dash. 'She tried to take Mirage from me, Ironhide. She tried to steal him from me. Mirage is too soft to break the friendship,' I sulked. 'I know he was wrong but aren't you overreacting a little bit?' He asked. 'No, I am not. If Mirage refuses, I am going to murder her brutally.'