Epilogue

MEGAN

I sat by the white couch, with my nerves making my mind and heart race with a speed that could bag a place in the Guinness World Record. It wasn't fair, nor was it just.

For the first time in the history of my floral business, I was given a bouquet that I had made only a day ago and was asked to sit and not move around. With my jumpy nerves, it wasn't that easy.

I looked around the room trying to make the best of what I had with me. The room was spacious with glasses of champagne placed haphazardly at almost every flat space that was available. Some of the glasses were full while some were almost empty.

Giggles and playful teasing were everywhere as I overlooked the draught pain in my chest that increased with every second. Ignoring their words, I stood up and ran my hands over the peach gown that I was wearing. It landed till my ankle hugging my non-existent curves perfectly.

Taking a deep breath, I walked towards the window and slid the curtain to one side peaking outside. People of all sizes and shapes were sitting, chatting among one another. I could see Hannah sitting at one corner talking to someone whom I didn't recognize. I saw Rachel with her son, who was pointing towards Emerald, probably telling him to go and play with her.

I peeked further to see Mark tightening the bow that sat around Zack's neck. I guess they shared some joke of their own and I saw Mark playfully hit Zack on his back. In the same line there was Thomas, who had brought his girlfriend. They seemed happy, but I had heard that they two had broken up recently.

But I couldn't see the one person I was wanting to see the most.

Cursing under my breath, I turned around to see Laura glaring at me. "We told you not to look outside, Megan!"

"Let her." Amber smirked as she looked for creases in her white gown. "She's only searching for that one guy."

"Where the hell is Miles?" I put my words out in the open.

If he had gone out, why hadn't he mentioned it to me? It wasn't like I would forbid him to do things that he wanted to do. But I always felt that my heart and mind would both be at peace knowing what he was up to.

Amber laughed. "Did he run away from your torture?" She turned towards me. "Wait, how's that possible?"

Laura gave her a stink eye to her which made her shut up. "You know that the wedding won't happen, unless he's here, right?"

"Forget the guy." Amber shrugged. "Now, tell me how do I look?"

I smiled affectionately at Amber. Her wedding dress wasn't the same one which she had used during her photoshoot. There was a thin layer of lace on top of the dress near her bust as a layer of pearls ran underneath it. The white gown flown along her length till it hit the floor even when she was wearing a five-inch heel. The veil was too transparent but it highlighted her eyes. Her hair which was always curly was styled in a trendy fashion to form a bun that sat on her right ear. Her tendrils caressed her cheeks often as she turned around.

"You look gorgeous." I said, walking towards her. "Wait, I forgot one more thing." I said walking towards my handbag.

I pulled out a small bouquet of blue Delphimium and walked towards her. I spread the flower and quickly tied it to a rose stem to get the flowers straight. "Turn around." I said as I showed her the flowers. "Something blue for the bride."

"Oh, my God!" Laura cried. "They are so beautiful!"

I stuck it on her head, making sure that I didn't destroy her hair style as I pinned it. "How... how did you get it?" Amber whispered, her hands on her mouth. She was at the brink of crying. "It's not the flower's season..."