Leave Me

Today was hard

    Today was hard. All I wanted to do when I got home was lock myself in my room.

"Hey mom."  I greeted weakly as I walked through the door.

She was sitting on the couch, like usual. Her head shot up with a smile on her face.

"Hi sweetie, how was school?" She asked.

I cringed at the question. I didn't want to lie to her but she doesn't know about Billy, at all.

"It was good." I lied, as I started to walk to my room.

"You're not going to sit with me?"

I stayed facing the direction I was in. "I'm really tired, maybe next time." I told her.

"Oh okay." She muttered. "I love you."

"Love you too." I said before walking the rest of the way to my room.

My plan was to do homework and then go to sleep. But that plan changed when I saw Billy sitting against my wall on my bed.

I quickly shut and locked the door as soon as I processed that he was in my room. His head was drooped down and his hair was covering his face. I couldn't tell if he was awake or not.

"Billy?" I whispered.

There was no reply.

I look at my feet and sighed. This is just what I need.

"Well if you're listening. You have some nerve showing up here." I snapped as I sat down at my desk.

Again, there was no answer for a couple of minutes.

"I'm sorry Jenna." He whispered finally.

I looked at him. His head was propped up against the wall now. His cheekbone looked like it was starting to bruise.

"What happened?" I asked, ignoring his apology.

He didn't answer me again. This was starting to get annoying.

"Billy. You've treated me like shit all day, the least you can do is tell me what happened."

He took a deep breath. "He hit me again, what do you think happened?" He shot.

I wanted to help him but it was going to be hard with my mom in the house and to add on: he was being an extra asshole today.

"I'll be right back." I told him before standing up from the desk.

He sighed and turned his head to the side. "I don't need any fucking help Jenna."

"I just need to be around you." He muttered looking back at me.

I wasn't taking this shit.

"So what was today about?" I asked crossing my arms.

He took another second probably thinking of the right words to say but I didn't feel like hearing it either way.