16.

Harry

Daisy is sitting at the island counter with me this afternoon, on a bit of a break from her school work that she had been doing. She had made her way over from school to keep me company, and I found it to be a nice part of the day for us to spend together, alone.

"So, has Lottie mentioned anything about wanting to go to homecoming?"

I had heard a little bit from her, but not enough to warrant anything specific. There had been a discussion about her needing to buy a bunch of makeup and hair appointments, but I quickly learned to drown those requests out. A lot of the information that she got was from girls at school, which wasn't always the most accurate, nor was it the easiest to go off of.

In my head, I made decisions for her and let her figure everything else out on her own.

"She's really been begging me to take her dress shopping but I know that it'll just end in an argument between us, so I'm kind of hoping a friend will ask her to go and I'll just give her some money."

Daisy rolls her lips into her mouth as I can tell that a bit of a smirk is falling onto her lips, like she has an idea brewing in my mind and she's trying to find the words to tell me.

"I mean, we can all go if it may be a bit easier," Her shoulders shrug up a bit casually as she takes a sip from my water bottle, her arms are leaning on the counter, "It's not really the most fun thing in the world to have your two brothers take you homecoming dress shopping. Plus, my sister owns a boutique that I think Lottie would really like."

The thought of Daisy being able to help in this situation took a bit of anxiety off of the trip itself. She'd know what to do, what to say. She could guide us around for something that felt completely foreign to me. I wasn't expecting her to offer that easily, or even at all.

I didn't even go to any of my school dances, so to think about having to help a fourteen year old girl pick out a dress was almost excruciating. My honest opinion was not something she'd want to hear, and I figured that Daisy could definitely persuade her into something age-appropriate and still make her feel good about herself.

Everything was way too short, in my opinion.

"I think that'd be good– you know how to be a teenage girl, and all that." Daisy laughs a little bit, resting her chin on her hand as she watches me wipe down the countertop.

"Fun fact," Daisy smirks up at me, a bit of delicate blush on her cheeks, "I actually had sex for the first time after my junior homecoming." She bites the tips of her fingernails as she stares at me before I turn around and give her a look.

Her nose is scrunched up a little bit as she notices my reaction, which may not have been the one she was waiting for.

A confused look.

One that I question why she even let me have that idea in the first place.

People actually did that?

I always heard rumors about prom, but I didn't think that homecoming was included in all that fun.

"Okay, now she's not allowed to go at all," I scoff, the thought itself brings me nothing but pain, and Daisy's obvious teasing about it is intentional, I'm sure.

"Trust me, she's going to have sex whether you want her to or not– and probably more likely to, if you're strict about it. That's just what happens."

I blink a few times, watching her giggle at the obvious bile rising in my throat, "That's really very comforting, thank you so much for that advice. You sure you weren't just a little minx in high school?"