THUNDER

TW: violence and gore 

_

TWO 

Everyday has been the worst day of my life. 

I hate this. I hate the lab, I hate Brenner, I hate fucking Eleven, and most of all, I hate Twelve. I hate her powers, I hate my powers. I hate being here. 

Everyday, I have woken up and missed Y/N. Never my parents, just her. She was more like a parent to me than they ever could be. 

Everyday, I have woken up and wondered where the fuck my life went. Where the fuck my parents found the willpower to send their six year old son away to be experimented on. 

The needles—with the weird liquid, the ones that made me sick at first but eventually gave me strange abilities—I could never understand why. I never understood what Brenner was doing. I was forced to be obedient. 

I played their games. I became their slave. I became a victim of the twisted little experiments Brenner hosts. A guest at this table of horror. 

And I wondered if Y/N would ever come back to find me. Maybe she didn't really care. Maybe she was still with our parents. 

Well. Now I know where she is. And I hate it even more. 

Strapped to this machine, the liquid seeping into my veins, I felt the world slowly drift away. Thrown into the rollercoaster of twisty lines and broken colours in the back of my mind. 

I can hear colours. 

And this experience is the colour red. Red with anger, red with blood. Red with the furiousness that has always been flowing through me, corrupting my mind. 

I miss the purples. The calmness and the depth of such a rich shade. The sound of the sun, and the sound of summer. The sound of a warm song. 

But this is red. 

Everything disappears and then reappears. 

And it's Y/N again. She's coming into the room. She's standing in front of me. 

"Y/N?" I feel six years old again, being dragged away by those men as she tried to help me.  But maybe she didn't try. Maybe my memories have been altered. Who knows what else they did to me. "No. You're not really here." 

She blinks, reaching her hand out. I try to reach out for her, but my hands are pinned. "I missed, you—Q." 

Tears blot my face, drifting down my cheeks. "You came to find me." 

"I'll always come to find you," She says softly. "Hey. Remember. It's you and me against the world, right?" 

That was what she always told me when we were younger. 

It was a quote from some movie or tv show that I loved. 

"Thunder." She smiles. 

"Lightning." I blink slowly. 

And watch as the blade is pulled out of her stomach. Blood spreads across her shirt, crimson red like a fire. She gasps, her hands covering the wound. 

"You betrayed me," Y/N whispers. "You betrayed me. It was you who was supposed to go, not me." 

As she holds out the tattoo on her wrist, her face becomes older. And I realize who Y/N is. Twelve. the girl I am supposed to hate. 

I don't know how I couldn't recognize her. Being alone, or always on the offense has changed her. She feels different too—her energy. It's ruthless. Crazy. 

"I didn't betray you," I close my eyes. 

I need out. 

I need out. 

I need out. 

The world caves in around me. When I open my eyes, I'm back in the room with Brenner. He's scribbling something down on a notepad. 

"You did well, Two," Brenner unstraps me from the chair, placing the notepad and the pen back down. "I will send for someone to get you." 

The notepad is just sitting there. 

I have to warn Y/N somehow. But it has to be subtle enough that it won't cause trouble in the wrong hands. 

Good luck, Y/N.

A little backstory on Quinn and Y/N, which wasn't really necessary but I just felt like it. More fluff coming up with Y/N and Peter:) 

I'm writing two short filler chapters for a bit of needed lightness. 

✏️ next update: weekend