7 | 𝑵𝒆𝒖𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒐𝒙𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝑯𝒐𝒑𝒆

☤

......

𝟏𝟒 | 𝐖𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧' 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐧'

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓, 𝑆𝐸𝐴𝑇𝑇𝐿𝐸

𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟕

A smile graced Gabrielle's lips, and she looked around the brand-new clinic. She was impressed that it only took Bailey and her eight days to get the clinic open and ready.

"Hey, welcome to the Moreaux Medical Clinic. Barring any surgical emergencies, you will be working here today." Bailey announced.

Gabrielle glanced at the interns as Cristina's gaze wandered around the empty beds.

"Working on what?" Cristina asked.

"Right now, Olivia will be familiarizing you with the protocol for the flu vaccine," Bailey told them.

Gabrielle looked around the clinic and was happy that her inheritance was going to something good. She let it sit around in her account for three years collecting interest, never once touching it until eight days ago.

She understood Bailey wanted to believe in something good for a change. Because Gabrielle believed from driving past all the homeless and seeing the uninsured scared to set foot in the hospital that, this is the clinic that Seattle needs.

"Dr. Bailey and Dr. Moreaux, congratulations on the opening of the clinic," Mark said.

Gabrielle lifts her gaze to find the Chief walking with her. "Merci."

"It is open, isn't it?" Richard questioned, glancing around the empty beds.

Gabrielle smiled. "Yes."

"O'Malley, welcome back," Bailey called out. Gabrielle glanced at the intern waking into the clinic with Callie by his side. "You're late."

Gabrielle cocked a brow as George stood there, not moving or saying a word. "O'Malley?"

"We got married in Vegas!" George shouted.

Gabrielle blinked. "Come again?"

"We're married." George gushed, grabbing Callie's hand proudly.

"Dude, she's Callie O'Malley. " Alex snickered.

Gabrielle sighed. "Yang, go report to Burke. Karev, go to the pit." She watched her interns scurry out of the clinic and smiled at Callie. "Congratulations."

"Thank you," Callie said.

Gabrielle pulled her pager and sighed. "Bailey, I'll be back."

"Okay," Bailey said. "O'Malley, the Chief needs you in the pit, and Stevens, find me a patient."