2 | 𝑩𝒆𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒚𝒂𝒍𝒔 & 𝑺𝒆𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒔

☤

......

𝟗 | 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐚 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐒𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓, 𝑆𝐸𝐴𝑇𝑇𝐿𝐸

𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟔

"Awesome cuts." A man with short brown hair said, taking glass shards out of the patient's leg.

Gabrielle shook her head as she sutured the young woman's arm to stop the bleeding. She glanced at the woman with blood coating her skin and glass within the cuts that made Gabrielle feel for her.

"I flew through a window." The woman in the ER with short black hair explained. "I flew."

"Karev." Addison scolded.

Gabrielle placed her needle driver and needle down as she finished. She glanced at Mark walking towards them as he said, "Stop man-handling my interns. That's my job."

Gabrielle smiled at the young woman. "What's your name?"

"Janelle Duco." The woman answered, staring at her.

"Janelle, what do you do for a living?" Addison asked.

Janelle glanced at Addison standing at the end of her bed. "I sell vegetables at the fish market."

"Janelle, honey, can I get you anything?" An older woman interjected, walking to Janelle's trauma bed. Gabrielle raised a brow as she grabbed her tissue forceps and exposed the skin. "Some food, maybe?"

"Mrs. Dickerson, is that you?" Janelle wondered as Mark examined the right side of her face.

Is this woman for real?

"Mrs. Dickerson, I'm sorry," Addison told her. "You can't be here right now."

Gabrielle dug her needle into the skin as Mrs. Dickerson said, "Larry is a good driver. The car went crazy. Janelle, if you need anything, I'll be over here."

"Oh, I'm sorry." A resident with curly black hair said. "I'm sorry. Come with me."

"She's my best customer," Janelle explained. "Mr. Dickerson is such a nice man. I hope he didn't kill my baby."

Gabrielle lifted her gaze to Mark's before looking at Addison. "She's pregnant."

"I need an ultrasound," Addison said, rushing back to them. "How far along are you?"

"Ten weeks," Janelle answered. "Ow!"

Gabrielle glanced at Janelle's leg where the guy Karev was pulling glass out. "A lighter touch."

"Exactly," Mark said. "There's glass in there, Karev."

Janelle glanced up at Mark, who stood at the head of her bed. "The doctors...hot men." Gabrielle rolled her eyes at a smirk on Mark's lips. "They're all really hot. They are, aren't they? It's not just 'cause I'm wearing a plate-glass window?"