5 | 𝑹𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒑𝒕. 2

☤

......

𝟏𝟐 | 𝐒𝐢𝐱 𝐃𝐚𝐲𝐬, 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓, 𝑆𝐸𝐴𝑇𝑇𝐿𝐸

𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟕

Gabrielle watched as her girls rushed down the stairs as she drank out of her mug. She lifts a brow at Mirielle's feet, finding only one shoe while her other foot is bare, showing her foot covered by a toy story sock. Gabrielle glanced at the clock and sighed, knowing she would be late for her shift at the hospital.

"Mirielle," Gabrielle began.

"Maman," Mirielle whined. "You promise you to let us dress ourselves today."

The corner of Gabrielle's lift perked up as the words left her daughter's lips. "I was just going to ask if you planned to leave the house with only one shoe on."

"Shoot," Mirielle grumbled. "I can't find it."

Gabrielle looked at her other daughter, who had her shoes and backpack on her back, dressed and ready, unlike her twin. "Mirabella, help me find Mirielle's other shoe."

"Okay." She said, taking her backpack off and walking into the living room.

A knock sounded on the door as Gabrielle placed her hand on her wood floor and glanced underneath her couch in the living room. "Come in."

"Gabrielle?"

She lifts her gaze. "Yes, Mark."

"Why are you on the floor?" Mark wondered.

Gabrielle held up Mirielle's blue sneakers. "Looking for Mirielle's shoe."

"Oh," Mark said. He glanced at his watch. "You know you'll be late for rounds, right?"

Gabrielle nodded. "I know."

"Are you going to call the Chief?" Mark asked as he held his hand out.

She shook it and got to her feet before handing the shoe to Mirielle, who rushed towards the stairs to put it on. "Yeah, as soon as I get the girls in the car." Gabrielle walked towards the kitchen and grabbed her bag. "Girls, let go."

"Coming." Mirielle and Mirabella yelled in unison.

Gabrielle turned to Mark, who stood by the door with the girls. "Thanks for giving us a ride."

"Don't worry about it," Mark told her.

Gabrielle has been using a taxi to take her and the girls to the hospital and their school. But Mark offered to drive them once he found out until she couldn't get a car for her and the girls.