Chapter Thirty Nine: Thanks For The Memories

*TW: one small mention of smut because Wafer teases PV, tiny mentions of abuse because of Flan*

     A/N: andddd... roll credits!! lmaooooo,,, this was a quick, mostly happy chapter I dashed out over a couple of days because I feel bad for not updating :'(

     Vanilla Wafer was carefully watching his brother sleep, monitoring his condition.

     Pure Vanilla was moving a bit, coughing and occasionally tossing and turning, but his temperature seemed to have gone down a little.

     Wafer turned to get up, but he startled Pure Vanilla and he jolted awake.

     "Where are you going?" Pure Vanilla asked sleepily.

     "Nowhere, just moving." Wafer sat down in the chair next to the bed. "I'm going to stay here and take care of you the entire day."

     "I have to stay here the entire day! But my work- my meetings-!" Pure Vanilla protested.

     Wafer smiled. "Don't worry, it's all taken care of."

     He proceeded to shift into a carbon copy of Pure Vanilla. "Oh~ hhhh- Dark Cacao~! Please- ngh~  I'm gonna- haah~ mngh..." he simpered, then shifted back, smirking. "Brother, you really must try to be more quiet."

     Pure Vanilla turned bright red, unable to speak. After a few moments, he cleared his throat and averted his eyes. "Well- don't act like you haven't done embarrassing stuff too."

     "Like?" Wafer asked indignantly.

     "Remember your... emo phase?"

     Vanilla Wafer's eyes widened. "Oh no," he whispered.

[FLASHBACK]

     Pure Vanilla and Créme Mochi were relaxing on an old bed in the basement. Their siblings milled around them, playing loudly.

     Cupcake Vanilla had grabbed Frosting's plastic wand and was running away with it, squalling with terror as he chased her. The twins, Funfetti and Shortcake, watched the scene serenely from a dark corner.

     "Hey twins! Earth to twins! Hellooo?" Mochi laughed, waving her hand in front of their faces.

     "Nothing is wrong! We are fine, dear sister," the twins chorused in unison. Pure Vanilla shuddered.

     "Sometimes I wonder if they're actually our siblings," Frosting said.

     "That's rude, dear brother," the twins responded.

     "Yeah, Frosting," Cupcake taunted, waving the wand in his face. "Rude."

     "Shut up!" Frosting yelled. "Give me my wand back!"

     "Not a chance!" Cupcake stuck out her tongue and waggled it as she ran.

     "Hey-! You guys, watch-" Pure Vanilla cringed inwardly as the both of them crashed head-first into the boxes stacked against the wall.

     Frosting harrumphed and snatched his wand back as he got up.

     "Hey, has anyone seen Wafer?" Pure Vanilla glanced around. "I haven't seen him yet today."

     "He must've died," the twins intoned quietly.

     "Stop being so creepy!" Cupcake said.

     Suddenly, there was a creak at the basement door. Everyone turned to stare as the footsteps got louder.

      It was Wafer. He stood at the bottom of the stairs, dressed in all black and looking tired.